DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange Errors this morning.

RickC

Reactions
Attempting to fly my rather new Mavic 2 Pro this morning, some strange things happened.

First, all lighjts were glowing solid red on the bird. Took off anyways, and started getting strange error messages:

* GPS weak when it should not be.
* IMU error, switching to secondary IMU
* camera not operating properly.

So, I successfully did a soft landing back at home point, no problem.

I would like to find out what happened, so I downloaded the logs for today, but not sure how to read them?

(I am leaving on a trip soon, and need to know what happened today, and if there is a problem.

Help, please.

*** the second time, the forward status lights are solid red (camera end) while the rear lights are blinking green ***

???

- rick

Last edited:
Attempting to fly my rather new Mavic 2 Pro this morning, some strange things happened.
First, all lighjts were glowing solid red on the bird. Took off anyways, and started getting strange error messages:
That's not surprising.
Check the LED indications on p14 of your manual ...
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20190124/Mavic_2_Pro_Zoom_User_Manual_v1.8_.pdf
... and you find that solid red LEDs indicate a critical error.
When the drone is warning you like that, it's not a good idea to launch.

Since the drone is warning you that it's detected serious problems before you launched, there's probably not much to be gained from the flight data.

That's not surprising.
Check the LED indications on p14 of your manual ...
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20190124/Mavic_2_Pro_Zoom_User_Manual_v1.8_.pdf
... and you find that solid red LEDs indicate a critical error.
When the drone is warning you like that, it's not a good idea to launch.

Since the drone is warning you that it's detected serious problems before you launched, there's probably not much to be gained from the flight data.

We should at least be able to see the flying state and magnetic interference when he took off.

@RickC did you take off from something metal or near something metal? Concete that might have rebar in it?

We should at least be able to see the flying state and magnetic interference when he took off.
@RickC did you take off from something metal or near something metal? Concete that might have rebar in it?
If that was the case the LED pattern would have been different and there wouldn't be IMU warnings.
It sounds like something quite different.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02