DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STRANGE FLIP, IS THAT IMU PROBLEM?

Nicholas Newton

Reactions
Good morning guys,

VIDEO LINK: VIDEO MAVIC AIR - Google Drive

I bought a new Mavic Air in the US, brought it to Brazil...on my first flights, the drone had this problem and almost crashed.
At the time I sent it to assistance in the US, but they denied the warranty claiming that the drone was working perfectly...but I don't have the courage to fly it anymore.
Does anyone know what might have caused this, would it be a problem in the IMU?

I will attach the flight logs if anyone wants to analyze them. Apparently, it happened at the time 10:17s. Thank you, guys!

Attachments

• 19-05-22-05-44-58_FLY043.DAT
    6.8 MB · Views: 17
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-05-22_[11-40-39].txt
    897.6 KB · Views: 7
Did you actually see it almost flip? Or, did you determine this by the video footage. Maybe you hit a bad wind gust. Maybe. Don't lose courage to fly it. Go to a grassy field and test fly it back and forth a few feet above the ground. Do that for a few days.

BUT, If you can afford it, you can still get DJI care refresh for 99 dollars U.S. All you have to do is send them a screen capture video of you flying it and follow their instructions on what to do. I got my care refresh 50 days after I bought my Air2s. I just had to fly it in my house and go to certain app screens and do a gimbal alignment as they specified, while the screen capture is running.

I bought a new Mavic Air in the US, brought it to Brazil...on my first flights, the drone had this problem and almost crashed.
At the time I sent it to assistance in the US, but they denied the warranty claiming that the drone was working perfectly...but I don't have the courage to fly it anymore.
Here's what that flight data looks like:
Your issue started at 10:18.2.
The drone rolled hard to the left past 90° and spun clockwise.
The drone recovered its balance at 10:18.8 and by 10:23.2 it stopped rotating and resumed normal flight.

The incident was not due to a fault of the drone.
It appears that it was hit by a bird and the IMU, sensors and motor control worked together to recover quickly.

Your drone is OK and there's no need to be concerned about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada