DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange problem with Mavic/camera...cavitating?

PanamaPaul

Reactions
Hey guys! New to the forums here.
Proud owner of my new Mavic Pro!
Have a quick question for all of you "Pros" and would like to see if anyone can offer insight.

I have posted a link to a video clip of this strange thing the Mavic camera or gimble seems to be doing while filming.
Very stange.
I am not sure if it is something I am doing while flying, something wrong with the equipment or just the Mavic reacting to wind.
I just want to make sure that there isnt something wrong with the Mavic basically.

It is a strange intermittemnt shaking, very quick.
Here is a quick link to a 30 minute clip and you will see it happen a couple of time:

What do you guys think? Does my Mavic have a problem or just the pilot? LOL

TIA

First steps:I would try resetting all camera settings via DJI GO app and do a gimbal calibration, then check again.

OK. Thanks for the input. Will do, there were definitely some steps I was planning and that was one of them. I was just posting an example to see if any of you experienced guys have seen anything like that before. Just looking for further ideas. :)

Never seen on mine, to be honest never seen that before, ever. But there are much more experienced guys than myself on this forum and that is the reason I am a daily visitor :)

Thanks for the ideas man. I kind of question whether it is the gimble or camera as I am not moving or manipulating either of those at the time.
It almost seems as if it is a motor or prop acting strangely but it is almost impossible to tell.
I have only had the drone about 10 days and if it has a problem would like to exchange it so I am trying to get some opinions toward a consensus about whether it is a serious hardware problem or simply some setting or calibration that needs to be done.

I will be calibrating later today.

Did anyone else's Mavic camera/gimble have a sticker on top of it with a yellow tab on it?
Not over the lens, (that I expected), but on top of the fixture itself.

I see the little yellow tab sticking out but have been hesitant to pull it off or out as I think it is a protective sticker but don't want to break the delicate fixture.

Thanks for the ideas man. I kind of question whether it is the gimble or camera as I am not moving or manipulating either of those at the time.
It almost seems as if it is a motor or prop acting strangely but it is almost impossible to tell.
I have only had the drone about 10 days and if it has a problem would like to exchange it so I am trying to get some opinions toward a consensus about whether it is a serious hardware problem or simply some setting or calibration that needs to be done.

I will be calibrating later today.

Did anyone else's Mavic camera/gimble have a sticker on top of it with a yellow tab on it?
Not over the lens, (that I expected), but on top of the fixture itself.

I see the little yellow tab sticking out but have been hesitant to pull it off or out as I think it is a protective sticker but don't want to break the delicate fixture.
I pulled my yellow sticker (gently), some people do not; I have never had an issue with my Mavic.

I have that same issue and I've seen many Mavic owners complain about that all over YouTube. I've come to the conclusion that's it's a hardware issue and DJI needs to address this problem on the next Mavic.

Reactions: Piggy
I have that same issue and I've seen many Mavic owners complain about that all over YouTube. I've come to the conclusion that's it's a hardware issue and DJI needs to address this problem on the next Mavic.
I am VERY glad to hear I am not the only one but also very surprised to hear others say they have never seen it.

I was actually wondering if it couldn't be gusts of wind.

I'll get similar vibrations during quick starts and stops and also during strong gusts of wind. Try to be smoother on the sticks. This is just a limitation of a cheap drone with a light camera.

Honestly, build quality had crossed my mind....although I am surprised if that is it.

I suppose it could be wind or me just ramping up speed too fast on the sticks.

Thanks guys. Any other ideas on things to check?

Yeah as said above, check all the rubber pieces and also make sure all of the little tabs are under their little clips.. I crashed mine one time and the clips slid down below the other little clips that keeps it in the drone, I had shaky video like that, but worse.

Hey guys! New to the forums here.
Proud owner of my new Mavic Pro!
Have a quick question for all of you "Pros" and would like to see if anyone can offer insight.

I have posted a link to a video clip of this strange thing the Mavic camera or gimble seems to be doing while filming.
Very stange.
I am not sure if it is something I am doing while flying, something wrong with the equipment or just the Mavic reacting to wind.
I just want to make sure that there isnt something wrong with the Mavic basically.

It is a strange intermittemnt shaking, very quick.
Here is a quick link to a 30 minute clip and you will see it happen a couple of time:

What do you guys think? Does my Mavic have a problem or just the pilot? LOL

TIA

Did you find an answer to this? Is it hardware or just to hard on the sticks? Interesting that others have never seen this on theirs before.

Last edited:
I pulled my yellow sticker (gently), some people do not; I have never had an issue with my Mavic.

I assume you've flown yours around in sports mode on a sunny day without ND filters? Especially going full forward and max throttle at the same time? Mine is a lot worse doing this, I don't recall seeing this behaviour on my previous Mavic that this replaces.

I wonder if the latest FW is to blame?

Just swapped the props out for new and now waiting on the Batts to charge to see if thats made a difference. I have also reset gimbal settings and completed a gimbal cal. Hopefully these three things will fix the issue.

Reactions: Lars Olsson
It's 100% typical of "hard on the sticks". Be smoother, or adjsut settings for the aircraft to be smoother.

What I see around 20 secs is full stop, full forward, then full stop again -> 3 bumps.

Remember the bump will happen at the beggining of the slowdown/speedup action. So yes from the image it looks like it's at full speed becasue it is, it's only just starting to slow down now which will take several seconds.

Remember the bump will happen at the begging of the slowdown/speedup action. So yes from the image it looks like it's at full speed because it is, it's only just starting to slow down now which will take several seconds.
Thanks for all of the input. I really appreciate it fellas. I will try to be easier on the sticks.

I must admit, I'm pretty sure I have seen this happen when not in sports mode, heck...the relatively calm day on the water you see in my sample didn't have sports mode turned on. From what I see you saying tho, it is not about the speed I am going so much as my starts and stops are too abrupt for the gimbal to compensate for. I actually do have a habit of "flooring" it on takeoff and turning loose of the stick completely to affect a stop or braking.

As I said, I will make a genuine effort to start and stop much smoother and see if this stops it.

In the meantime, can you guide me to any controller or setting adjustments to potentially minimize this?

TIA everyone!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure