DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange video link problem

Wizzard

Reactions
Hello.
All of a sudden my mavic pro video on phone started to look like this 2018_06_12_11_20_25.mp4
No crash no changes or updated no anything 2 weeks ago i was flying with no issues and now this. Sometimes everything OK for several minutes and then start to look like on video.
However video from card is perfectly OK.
i have tried different USB cables, from left transmitter plug and from bottom, same thing.
Is anyone have something similar? What could be a problem?
It is definitely not camera like in other topics here because video from card is perfectly ok.

Oh one more thing, this happen even when drone very close, few meters away and all links in DJI GO shows full signal, for video and for transmitter.

Last edited:
Some ideas:

1) USB cable defective.

2) Temperature overload make the phone/table reduce CPU speed and then Go4 is no more able to process the video correctly.
If you have video and audio cache enabled in the Go4 app, then you can try to disable them.

I had both with my CrystalSky. It is a pain to have to disable caching as it can be very useful in case the drone is lost.

Interference

Remove SIM card
Fly with controller device in aeroplane mode
Tried set plane mode on phone, also this happen in different places 200 kilometers apart and in between. Video which i linked in first message was shoot in place where nothing around for 10-20 kilometers, no mobile connection no people even no electricity.

Some ideas:

1) USB cable defective.

2) Temperature overload make the phone/table reduce CPU speed and then Go4 is no more able to process the video correctly.
If you have video and audio cache enabled in the Go4 app, then you can try to disable them.

I had both with my CrystalSky. It is a pain to have to disable caching as it can be very useful in case the drone is lost.
tried with disabled cache no luck. It could happen from the start when phone still cold, and actually it not very hot at all, definitely no difference with time when all worked fine.

I get it for about a minute after taking off but eventually returns to normal with my MP

Only other suggestion is to try it naked (not literally) with nothing stapped on your wrist or mobile phones

tried with disabled cache no luck. It could happen from the start when phone still cold, and actually it not very hot at all, definitely no difference with time when all worked fine.
By me was starting after 10 minutes typically. So different issue, sorry it didn't helped.
As test you can also try to turn off any devices you take with you (phone, wifi or bluetooth device ...), but it is not a poor wifi connection with the Mavic pro, so should be not that sensitive to your active devices.
Maybe you can try to "play" with the "Image transmission settings" to see if you see disturbances in the status when you have problem or some better settings for the transmission. I am new to MP, so not really helpful in indicating the best setting for that.

CPU overload on your controller may be, if there's anything you can use to monitor the resources being used and note when it happens to see if anything is being pushed beyond the limit.
You can have this put the CPU and ram in an overlay to show what's going on in realtime https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.uguess.android.sysinfo.pro
Or if using a device that's not Android something similar

Hmmm actually i completely remove application clear cache and other stuff, install again, and now for 15 minutes of mavic standing still no issues. Cant test it in fly yet, but earlier this bug happen even on grounded mavic... so looks like reinstall make it better if not fix completely, i will make further in flight test in next few days.

Interested to know what you find. In flight, there's going to be more processing going on.
I used to have this problem until I got an ANKER power USB cable

The same thing started happening to mine today. I've had this thing for 7 months without issues and now and when I went to fly and shoot today, I was getting the same video anomaly. Not cool. And when I go to turn the Mavic, there is a delay before the image updates on my phone.

The same thing started happening to mine today. I've had this thing for 7 months without issues and now and when I went to fly and shoot today, I was getting the same video anomaly. Not cool. And when I go to turn the Mavic, there is a delay before the image updates on my phone.
Try reinstall dji go, looks like it could help.

Reactions: gappman
Did that. Now it's telling me I need to download firmware so it can limit me to 30m and 50m. FML!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura