DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STREAMING onto a LARGE SCREEN HDMI while Flying

and would not need to go Via Lightbridge or occusync - but rather direct out of the camera
Are you thinking about using DJI drones or another brand?
All DJI drones with cameras, with the exception of Matrice AND 3rd party cameras, you are enclosed in DJI's video signal processing and you can not tap in anything to fork out a separate video stream, except at the receiving end with a CS, SC or a Cendence RC.

For those in Apple iOS land, the Apple TV is 4K HDMI, and very low latency. Screen Mirroring via Airplay is a very nice wireless solution. As I mentioned earlier, the Apple TV app will run on Roku but it does not support Airplay. You need the real Apple TV box for that, or one of the HDMI casting dongles that support AirPlay and other live streams. Just wanted to clarify my earlier comments.

Reactions: junglew1340
So this is for the Experts and the High tech guys-.

Iv streamed My Phone using WIFI (in 5 different Possible ways) - and the connection Starts off FAST and slows to eventually 3 frames per second - when using DJI Go and LITCHI.
NOT Good - becoming Terrible if Live streaming from say a live editor like OBS or Manycam-

Iv Used WIFI ScreenStream, Google Chromecast, TeamViewer, Samsung DeX - None stream wifi FAST Enough !!!!
Iv really tried about 5x different screen capture Wifi Options - Too SLOWWwwww

SO HERE's the QUESTION !???
Direct connection works AWSOMELY and Very FAST - if USB Cable to PC - or USB to HDMI.

QUESTION: Is there a DUAL USB Connector for my Phone that will allow me to Plug BOTH My USB RC AND RC at the same time?

If an adapter plug or Hub could be used to Output both HDMI and also talk via USB from RC to Phone - That would be the Solution-

Alternatively is there a way to stream a 2K stream from the Phone, VIA My PC (for Live editing) to a Live broadcast - for our local Security guys (or friends) to see my Live flight in high Quality ???

The answer requires
a) that it goes through my Powerful fast computer (Live editing - Mixing etc)
b) that its 2K or more - if possible
c) that its Live -
d) that it Outputs my Phones APP SCREEN
OR Live VIDEO from the Drone
e) and BONUS that its Wireless (Wifi) - but HDMI will be fine - with a Cable

Notes: I have Ample internet connection speed, Good New Samsung NOTE s10Plus, and a FAST Computer - with SSD and Loads of RAM.

Please don't suggest Inspire, or special Radio or large hardware add-ons - Im Using a Mavic 2 Zoom or Mavic PRO Only - with day to day connectors.

Your comments and expertise are very WELCOME !
thanks in advance...
Unfortunately your parameters are unrealistic at current.

First and foremost Occusync and Lightbridge 2 can deliver at most 1080p to the connected device even with a Smart Controller or Crystal Sky. There is no real time 2k ability for the Mavic 2 or any other DJI drone anyway you look at it.

Your best bet is a smart controller or crystal sky with HDMI out. You’d still need some heavy duty hardware solution to record the HDMI output and transcode it in real time. This is broadcast level equipment, there is no lightweight way to do especially if you want to edit it.

You could choose the YouTube live method that is already built into DJI Go 4 but my experience is this isn’t really “live.” It can be sometimes several minutes behind.

Reactions: mereflyer
Try the streamlabs android app. Allows HD broadcast of whatevers on your phone, works great on my older NOTE8.

Reactions: mereflyer
Try the streamlabs android app. Allows HD broadcast of whatevers on your phone, works great on my older NOTE8.

I tried it Previously on the Samsung S7

it seemed to slow down - as theFlight Proceeded.

I now have the NOTE S10Plus with Faster Processor - Id Be Curoios to see the Reponse...

I tried again tonight - ... It was Laboriously slow...

There is an App called MY PHONE on windows 10....
it jitters a bit - but has the Best response times.

Jerkiness - is the new Normal for me... Even with an UltraFAST Phone !

I needed to get live feed up on wall through projector, and the only way I could figure it to use BlissOS so I could run android pie on my pc and run GO 4 that way. I didn't pursue getting the RC to be part of the loop and just used mavic in wifi mode direct to pc that has touchscreen. Plugging the rc into pc is not recognized by bliss for me, possibly due to the OTG cable thing which I dont understand. But if smart people can figure out that small bit, then it means you can run GO 4 on windows machine off of a usb boot etc...

what is BlissOS ? (Is it like BlueStacks?)

Can one Simulate a Phone connection with it?

ios apple tv setup

Attachments

• 2 val.jpg
    2 val.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 28
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx copia.jpg
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx copia.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Huo
I have posted this before, but its a great setupi use all the time
i use the following setup. wireless hdmi tx and rx with a portable TV on portable 240v.
case.jpgcase2.jpg

setup.jpg

what is BlissOS ? (Is it like BlueStacks?)

Can one Simulate a Phone connection with it?
just noticed now, no quote.

Well BlissOS is some layer and packaging of Android OS that runs on all those phones, as far as I understand it. In any case I run it on an old notebook and the only difference to using it over a phone is it isn't recognizing the RC, so I have to use the Mavic in Wifi mode.

I'll be following this thread. When you guys figure out how to display what the drone is seeing in real time on a large screen TV inside incident command at a reasonable price while I'm outside at some distance flying it I want to know.

Cheap solution:
- WiFi supplied from an adHoc Network at the Laptop.
- Airplay server capability handled by Airserver
- Using built-in screen mirror by IOS attached to the RC

2020-03-15_16-52-32.png

What distance do you expect to work the setup with?

That's a hard question to answer. It all depends on what I'm looking for. It could be as close as a few hundred feet or as far as a couple miles.

What's your price limit?

I wouldn't mind throwing $1k of my own money at it and there may be more funds available through local departments and the EMA.

The whole idea is to have observers watching the video in real time while searching instead of going back and watching recorded video. As you know every search to some extent is a rule unto itself.

The whole idea is to have observers watching the video in real time while searching
That's easy to accomplish, but depending on the available budget you have more or fewer choices.

- Close range, easy setup, minimal cost: look at post #35
- Range up to 30ft: use HDMI cable to transmit a signal between an SC and HDMI IN monitor
- Range up to 300ft: use HDMI to SDI converter and a low-loss digital video grade RG6-style coaxial cable to another SDI IN capable monitor.
- Range up to 3000ft: use broadcast HDMI latency free wireless transmitter/receiver to feed the signal to distant IC HQ (expect something $7K for R/X equipment)
- More range than above:
a) Use available 4G/5G/satellite networks and dedicated equipment for signal transmission.
b) Use the Internet and 4G networks and video streaming equipment to deliver your video.

Have a look at various manufacturers like Teradek

Thank you Sir! I appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge with me. Time will tell if anyone local will get on board with this. It's all great during discussion but no so easy when it comes time to write the check.

Had a Nvidia Shield tablet lying around, just tested, can confirm the HDMI output works well, so essentially it mirrors whatever on the tablet screen via HDMI.

The tablet is a bit old, however I think it's fine running Go 4.

QUESTION: Is there a DUAL USB Connector for my Phone that will allow me to Plug BOTH My USB RC AND RC at the same time?

If an adapter plug or Hub could be used to Output both HDMI and also talk via USB from RC to Phone - That would be the Solution-

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ