DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STREAMING onto a LARGE SCREEN HDMI while Flying

Had a Nvidia Shield tablet lying around, just tested, can confirm the HDMI output works well, so essentially it mirrors whatever on the tablet screen via HDMI.

The tablet is a bit old, however I think it's fine running Go 4.
WOW thats Awsome-
So the Nvidia Shield Tablet has an HDMI output?

So the RC connects Normally to the Tablet... Then the Tablet HDMI connects out to a Larger Screen?
Is that what you're saying?

Exactly!

Haven't tested it outdoors yet, will do it soon. Keep in mind this tablet isn't very bright, but for occasionally use I think it's alright.

WOW thats Awsome-
So the Nvidia Shield Tablet has an HDMI output?

So the RC connects Normally to the Tablet... Then the Tablet HDMI connects out to a Larger Screen?
Is that what you're saying?

Just did a test flight with M2P. Flawless!
Paired with my Zeiss Cinemizer, screen mirrored via HDMI port on the Nvidia Shield Tablet.

Excellent test ! ...

So Maybe (based on this) It could be useful to use a Small Hub from the Phone.
Something that USB- C can Split into HDMI and another USB- C. (USB 3.0 Port)

This may allow the hub to be connected to ALL 1)the Phone, 2) RC, and the HDMI Mirror Screen at once
Its an Idea ! - that way the only extra would be the HUB, not a Unique Tablet.

Im not sure about the Interactive ability of the USB C - But Im sure this is possible.

See this Link

USB C HUB (Hdmi, USB3.0 etc)

Maybe some other experts could add... ?

So Maybe (based on this) It could be useful to use a Small Hub from the Phone.
Something that USB- C can Split into HDMI and another USB- C. (USB 3.0 Port)

My testing shows this may not be an option. I connected the following USB-C hub on my Samsung S9, then connected the M2 controller. The app didn't go beyond the initial screen, meaning it didn't detect the phone.

Don't know exactly why it didn't work. I saw previous comments saying the phone acts in slave mode when connected to the M2 controller, but phone acts in mater mode when connected to the hub. So essentially you can't have it both ways.

Also check out this article, under the Done FPV section it mentioned specifically using the Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet, but nothing regarding the USB hub.

Maybe there are "better" hubs out there that could make it happen.

"Question is Would something like this Work?
Or is Part of the answer 'Depends on the Direction of the USB' configuration -
Like the USB may only be type for use on an input device like a Mouse - instead of Multidirectional?"

Recall that the RC needs it's port to be in A mode to communicate with a phone in B mode. I don't think you'll find any ports on that hub that has B mode ports. C might be bi-mode, but if that were the case, you'd find C data ports on the hub. Instead you find 2.0 and 3.0 A ports, and devices (Ethernet, HDMI) whos USB back-end to the phone are B devices.

Think of PC as A device, peripherals as B devices. A can only connect to B. You'll not find USB hubs allowing multiple PCs to connect to each other.
There was the laplink cables that transferred between computers.

Reactions: mereflyer
dont know why no one has asked this. go to speedtest.net and check the internet speed FROM YOUR PHONE. you probably have to slow internet.

Why don't you just buy a tablet with HDMI output ? The advantage over mirroring is that there is no delay. You can fly using the large screen.

Why don't you just buy a tablet with HDMI output ? The advantage over mirroring is that there is no delay. You can fly using the large screen.
Why bring up a 1 year old Post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998