DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe and holder placement

JayTea26

Reactions
I want to get a white light strobe From Firehouse Technologies along with a strobe holder for my arm on my Mavic Air 2.
However, nothing seems to specifically say fits my drone.

Question: are the legs on the Mavic Air 2 the same size and shapes of let’s say the Mavic 2?

no the dimensions are different it will not be long before the correct ones for the MA2 are made

Reactions: Nonprophet
I have Firehouse nav lights on my M2P. Can't use the clip-on mounts over my WrapGrade skin, so I use 3M dual-lock Velcro. Sticks anywhere on anything. Cheaper, too.

I want to get a white light strobe From Firehouse Technologies along with a strobe holder for my arm on my Mavic Air 2.
However, nothing seems to specifically say fits my drone.

Question: are the legs on the Mavic Air 2 the same size and shapes of let’s say the Mavic 2?
So basically it means that there aren't any arms available for the MA2 at the moment? I broke it's arm yesterday. The tip with the engine ripped off. Looking for a replacement but haven't found anything so far

I recently purchased 3 Firehouse Dual lights. 1 red, 1 green, 1 white. I went with the Dual because the ARC lights are a little big for the MA2, at least for the arms. I did find a suitable mount by Aerial Pixel. They are 3D printed with flexible plastic/rubber and clip well on both the front and back arms. They make mounts for the ARC and Dual Firehouse LEDs. I flew with them the first time yesterday; will take some pics and post when I can. Here's the link.

I have Firehouse nav lights on my M2P. Can't use the clip-on mounts over my WrapGrade skin, so I use 3M dual-lock Velcro. Sticks anywhere on anything. Cheaper, too.
Hi, I’m about to purchase a pair of Arc V strobes for my M2P. Which 3M dual lock version do you recommend, as there are a few?
Thanks!

Hi, I’m about to purchase a pair of Arc V strobes for my M2P.

Check this out from an approved vendor of this forum.

They offer 3-D printed solutions to the fastener type mount for various strobe types and aircraft.

You may find something that works?

Reactions: old man mavic
Interesting. What was the issue?
I have had no problems with the ARC XL mounts from @Aerial-Pixel and my @Wrapgrade skin during a year’s use with one on every prop arm and always removing them at the end of a flying day.

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks, I have considered them, but with shipping, two arm mounts (one for front, one for rear) seem to be a bit pricey.

Reactions: MA2 317
Worth every penny, I assure you, both in utility and longevity, plus avoids indigent Velcro and glue.
but... each to their own.
Thanks, Thomas. I’ll give them some more consideration.

So basically it means that there aren't any arms available for the MA2 at the moment? I broke it's arm yesterday. The tip with the engine ripped off. Looking for a replacement but haven't found anything so far
Not to thread jump but parts are available out there: Mavic Air 2 Rear Arm Module (Right)

That was a simple google, your just going to have to do some legwork and find various sites that have the part you need then find the actual DJI part designation number...and then google for your area/location :) So just like this:
"BC.MA.SS000167.01" google that for your area ;)

As to the OP...I have always used a clear velcro as described above, gives you much more diversity as to where to mount the strobe and doesn't score your arms and such for the "Skin" gang. If your like a few / most ;) of us with multiple aircraft it is the easiest and convenient way to swap out your Strobes. :) Maybe not as aesthetically pleasing, but it's freak'n flying for goodness sake...who can see it???

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
The problem with Velcro and 3m tape is that you are assuming that you won’t crash and cause the light to be dislodged and lost..forever. I’ve had it happen using both methods. If you can afford the mounts, I would highly recommend getting them.

Reactions: PixelMagic
I’ve been convinced. I’ll spring for the AP mounts! Thanks all, and happy new year!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121