DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe lights and photography

I have the ARC XL white on front arm, Red on the rear.

I only encounter problems if I am close to the object. 99% of your photography and videography will not be affected. Enough not to stress about, benefits especially for VLOS weighs out the rare times it will be an issue.

I have been using a top mounted LED strobe for all my night flying, I find that because of the relative cover/shade that the gimbal has, so far I have had no sign of light leaking from the strobe. However you can get light from the strobe bounced back from reflective surfaces
I don't have a Mavic Air 2 but on my old Mavic Air 12 I put the strobe on the bottom because I could see it better. Is there room on the bottom?

One more thing to think about, if there is any atmospheric moisture (i.e. fog/mist) there might be some scatter back to the lens. But you shouldn't be flying in fog or clouds anyway. ;)

I don't have a Mavic Air 2 but on my old Mavic Air 12 I put the strobe on the bottom because I could see it better. Is there room on the bottom?
My understanding is that the strobe is a FCC required item for flying at night, though useful as a way of tracking your drone this is not its true purpose, so mounting it under the drone would defeat its intention as a notification to other aircraft The PIC should be able to track his drone using the inbuilt LED lights.

I have not mounted any strobes yet on the MA2, but I have mounted them on the Spark and I would advise not to mount them on the bottom near the VPS camera(s).

I had a very short erratic flight when the strobes were affecting the VPS camera on the bottom of the Spark and it had a rough landing because it couldn't "see".

I like that the MA2 has a auxiliary landing light.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78