DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe lights balance

redserv

Reactions
Hey Guys, I am will like to start taking some night video/ photo soon. I was thinking of using the strobes and mount below, however I am undecided if I should use 4 strobes or just 2 strobes on my MPP.

Link 1: https://www.amazon.com/Firehouse-Te...ie=UTF8&qid=1538099641&sr=8-1&keywords=ARC+II

Link 2: Aerial-Pixel - Vinyl Graphics, Vinyl Decals, Apparel, 3D Printing

My configuration was (4) ARC II one on each leg (back leg WHITE X2) (Front Leg L+ R RED AND GREEN) dunno if this is an overkill and if the weight will affect the MPP

OR

Just 2 ARC II front and Back. maybe white at back and red in front

I will appreciate any feedback from you guys who have mounted strobes especially on the mavic, thanks in advance.

The only strobe I have experience of is the one from Flytron. The white one is amazingly bright and it's flashing characteristic looks identical to those you see on full size aircraft. The other bit of info is to stick anything on the Mavic it would be hard to beat the amazing 3M Dual Lock system. As regards weight, if the Flytron ones are suitable you will have no problem with weight as they are very light. Don't forget to calibrate your compass if you stick anything metallic and with a battery on the aircraft. I have had a long debate on here about when and when not to calibrate and everyone agrees that adding bits to the air frame means calibration is required.

STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

My configuration was (4) ARC II one on each leg (back leg WHITE X2) (Front Leg L+ R RED AND GREEN) dunno if this is an overkill and if the weight will affect the MPP
4 lights shouldn't be an issue weight-wise. People often attach much heavier accessories to their Mavics (like trackers).

As long as the mount you're using doesn't cover the lights on the front/sides, you could get away with just mounting one on the front and one on the back. Firehouse ARC lights contain 4 LEDs per light, so you should have no trouble seeing your Mavic with just one light installed per side.

Last edited:
The only strobe I have experience of is the one from Flytron. The white one is amazingly bright and it's flashing characteristic looks identical to those you see on full size aircraft. The other bit of info is to stick anything on the Mavic it would be hard to beat the amazing 3M Dual Lock system. As regards weight, if the Flytron ones are suitable you will have no problem with weight as they are very light. Don't forget to calibrate your compass if you stick anything metallic and with a battery on the aircraft. I have had a long debate on here about when and when not to calibrate and everyone agrees that adding bits to the air frame means calibration is required.

STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron
Interesting. Does the electronics on the strobe mess with the compass on the Mavic?

4 lights shouldn't be an issue weight-wise. People often attach much heavier accessories to their Mavics (like trackers).

As long as the mount you're using doesn't cover the lights on the front/sides, you could get away with just mounting one on the front and one on the back. Firehouse ARC lights contain 4 LEDs per light, so you should have no trouble seeing your Mavic with just one light installed per side.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you much appreciated.

Interesting. Does the electronics on the strobe mess with the compass on the Mavic?

I use Flytron strobes and have done for almost two years with no issues at all.

After installation I did not get any compass warnings but just calibrated anyway as there is some metal content.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green