DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobes for mavic air

I use a pair of firehouse strobes, blue on the front left and the white on the right rear. While the Go4 app shows your orientation this use of strobes allows me to determine orientation if and when I lose connection. I just yaw until I know how I am pointed.

I use a pair of firehouse strobes, blue on the front left and the white on the right rear. While the Go4 app shows your orientation this use of strobes allows me to determine orientation if and when I lose connection. I just yaw until I know how I am pointed.
In terms of brightness where does blue fall into. Cool setup you have as well.

All amazing ideas in this thread.

No, but it’s only a 15 second job for attachment or removal of the lights.... quicker if you can tolerate Velcro glued on the bird.
Nice 15 sec is great. If i can avoid velcro i will the thought of the wear and tear bugs me.

Still havent made up my mind shipping cost to canada is ridiculous for the items in question.

I also cant understand how we have no supplier here yet drones are so popular.

Do front-mounted strobes interfere with the camera at all?
They can if they reflect off of something in front of the drone (like fog).

So i have decided on 2 scenarios would like your feedback

Either 2 white lights pointing backwards
Or one red pointing down and white pointing backwards i dont want any on 2 front legs

So i have decided on 2 scenarios would like your feedback

Either 2 white lights pointing backwards
Or one red pointing down and white pointing backwards i dont want any on 2 front legs
The only thing is when you don't have anything on the front it is invisible on the return trip to you (unless you fly backwards). A while ago when I did this strobe comparison, I only had 1 on the back to compare them and when returning home you absolutely could not see it until it got back to you. The single on the bottom my help this a little.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1