DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobes for mavic air

The only thing is when you don't have anything on the front it is invisible on the return trip to you (unless you fly backwards). A while ago when I did this strobe comparison, I only had 1 on the back to compare them and when returning home you absolutely could not see it until it got back to you. The single on the bottom my help this a little.
Makes sense, does the strobe interfere with any pics or video not that i mind much but if it washes out the image then not good.

Im back to the drawing board lol

Makes sense, does the strobe interfere with any pics or video not that i mind much but if it washes out the image then not good.

Im back to the drawing board lol
@flightsimulation ... Unless you are in heavy fog, and I have flown in some fog and light rain, you will not be able to tell if the ARC2s are on the front legs without looking away from your controller and at the drone. I have never seen any evidence of the in video, photo, or hyperlapse when I view the files on my CS or my 27” iMac. I do emphasize that I have the Aerial Pixel mounts in front on the legs... not antenna or controller problems at 2-3 miles out, which I do occasionally fly at dusk.

@flightsimulation ... Unless you are in heavy fog, and I have flown in some fog and light rain, you will not be able to tell if the ARC2s are on the front legs without looking away from your controller and at the drone. I have never seen any evidence of the in video, photo, or hyperlapse when I view the files on my CS or my 27” iMac. I do emphasize that I have the Aerial Pixel mounts in front on the legs... not antenna or controller problems at 2-3 miles out, which I do occasionally fly at dusk.
I think ill go with back legs only one pointing front and one back or one up and one down. Now which colors is next. I beleive white pointing back and red pointing front. Or white up and red down always on rear legs.
Advice for this setup?

The only thing is when you don't have anything on the front it is invisible on the return trip to you (unless you fly backwards). A while ago when I did this strobe comparison, I only had 1 on the back to compare them and when returning home you absolutely could not see it until it got back to you. The single on the bottom my help this a little.
If you mount any of these strobes on the legs do they have to be mounted in pairs, one on each side, to keep the bird balanced ?

If you mount any of these strobes on the legs do they have to be mounted in pairs, one on each side, to keep the bird balanced ?
No they are light enough that it doesn't matter if you only have one, I've noticed no performance issues.

I haven't noticed any balance issues with my mounts either. They are very lightweight (I think the lightest available anywhere).

Does anyone have the tri color light wondering if its much bigger than a dual cree single light?

Im installing on a mavic air.

Does anyone have the tri color light wondering if its much bigger than a dual cree single light?
The tri color ARC light? I have one. It's about double the size of a STROBON Cree light or Firehouse dual light.

What about on a Mavic Air? The drone you're using doesn't change the size of the light.

What about on a Mavic Air? The drone you're using doesn't change the size of the light.
If the light is bigger it may not look as good on the air?

First the lights are exposed then to have a big light on one arm doesnt look great. Hence id like to see a tri color on a mavic air, seems to be 4 led's.

Ah. I posted photos of my ARC mounts in this post above. The tri color lights are the same size.

Last edited:
On the mavic air putting them in front does interfere with the camera-
Interesting thanks red barron, there is conflicting information some say all is ok some say its not, makes sense as to why dji does'nt recommend any 3rd party add ons.

I was about to purchase all 4 with mounts.
Holding back.
Also trying to find some in canada but noone knows what they are here and why one would need them.

Interesting thanks red barron, there is conflicting information some say all is ok some say its not, makes sense as to why dji does'nt recommend any 3rd party add ons.

I was about to purchase all 4 with mounts.
Holding back.
Also trying to find some in canada but noone knows what they are here and why one would need them.
I've only noticed the light from the strobes on the front when there is moisture in the air or foggy out or in very close proximity to an object. I fly with them all the time on the Mavic 2 Pro with no issues to speak of under normal conditions.

If i mount underneath battery with3m and velcro will it clear the ground?

Im starting to feel its better to have one on top one on bottom.

If i mount underneath battery with3m and velcro will it clear the ground?

Im starting to feel its better to have one on top one on bottom.
Top and bottom mounted strobes are actually less visible (to you) at a distance. The only reason we make top mounts for some of the DJI drones is for better visibility by manned aircraft. We don't currently make a top mount for the Mavic Air though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64