DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STROBON Cree® light mounts for the DJI Mavic Pro (by DDH)

How do you guys like the new front/back mounts? Love 'em? Hate 'em?

They’re awesome. I’m flying at dusk/night as much as during the day now. If people see 'em they think they're on a UFO, not a drone.

Reactions: Ping^Spike

Hey man, I'm debating over a 3D Printer. I know you gave me suggestions. But, if I could spend $200 to $600? Any thoughts?

Tevo, Little Monster?
Monoprice Ultimate?
Dremill makes one?

I've never tried any printers in that price range. The best advice I can give you is to read the reviews to make sure the printer is easy to level. As you can probably imagine, the parts will not print correctly if the printer bed is not perfectly level.

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!

Love em! Just tried out the new design for the rears and the front mounts as well. Much easier to put on compared to the original design and feels secure.

I have a slight concern about fatigue/how they will hold up over time when snapping them on and off because they do have to flex ever so slightly.

Love em! Just tried out the new design for the rears and the front mounts as well. Much easier to put on compared to the original design and feels secure.

I have a slight concern about fatigue/how they will hold up over time when snapping them on and off because they do have to flex ever so slightly.

My last ones started loosening up. 3D printed stuff and the heat don't mix.

Sometimes I like to be able to see the strobes flashing on cam. It makes it seem more exciting for certain shots. When I want to eliminate the front strobes from creating flashes on the cam, these sun hoods work great. They're all over ebay for under $10.
61_Xii_Exu_DYL._SY355.jpg

I have a new version of these mounts. The front and sides of the mount have been opened up to ensure the LED is not blocked when the light is viewed from the side. For more details or to place an order, they are available here in my store.

Front Mount

11.jpg

12.jpg

Rear Mount

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Mount Locations

10.jpg

Nice mounts but I think I would prefer that the mounts were angled so that the Strobon faces straight forward and backward, not at an angle. I would think that would be a simple mod for a 3D printer

Nice mounts but I think I would prefer that the mounts were angled so that the Strobon faces straight forward and backward, not at an angle. I would think that would be a simple mod for a 3D printer
Yes, it would be a simple mod. However, there would be no benefit with this new design since the light is fully exposed.

True enough. So what you're saying is that there is no difference in visual intensity when seen straight on as compared to the normal angle of the arms?
Inquiring minds need to know
:)

So what you're saying is that there is no difference in visual intensity when seen straight on as compared to the normal angle of the arms?
Right. The intensity would be no different than what you see when taping the lights to the arms.

Reactions: BerndM
I don’t suppose you would share the stl file so I can print a couple for myself at home? I know I know...I just thought I’d ask.

I don’t suppose you would share the stl file so I can print a couple for myself at home?
I don't share my models. Sorry :(

These mounts allow STROBON Cree strobe lights to be easily and securely attached to the front or rear arms of the DJI Mavic. The front and sides of the mount are open to ensure the LED is not blocked when the light is viewed from the side. The mounts are 3D printed from PolyMax PLA (plastic). It has an impact strength of up to 9 times that of regular PLA and better overall mechanical properties than ABS. Each mount is sanded by hand to give it a clean/smooth finish and tested to ensure it fits properly.

For more details or to place an order, they are available here in my store.

Front Mount

View attachment 27052

View attachment 27053

Rear Mount

View attachment 27054

View attachment 27055

View attachment 27056

Mount Locations

View attachment 27051
Just ordered a batch and your strobes. Hope to see it all up in the air soon ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_