DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STROBON Cree® light mounts for the DJI Mavic Pro (by DDH)

Would they not be better facing down? Or are they for when you fly near other aircraft? Not implying anything here.

Attachments

• IMG_7858 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7858 (Medium).JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_7863 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7863 (Medium).JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 189
Got a photo?
abe8ab092c54afe401996df1d622af1b.jpg

6ed2f0fe1c9c32c4ed7fe80f8524516f.jpg

Sorry about the delay

Would they not be better facing down?
Some people like to use their lights for orientation (e.g. red lights on the front and white on the back). If all of the lights are facing downward, that would make it impossible to tell which direction the Mavic is facing.

A downward mount would be a good option to have too.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
Some people like to use their lights for orientation (e.g. red lights on the front and white on the back). If all of the lights are facing downward, that would make it impossible to tell which direction the Mavic is facing.

A downward mount would be a good option to have too.

I respectfully disagree, Red, Left, Green Right, White Rear. Very easy to detect orientation.

Reactions: flightmike
Mine are set up for red in left, green on right and white on back. Left and right have strobes are on top and bottom, so I can see from below and someone (hopefully) will them when they are above it. Also, being centered between the pros helps with the strobe not hitting them (props) and seeing it in the video.

Just my 2 cents and what I like. [emoji16]

Reactions: flightmike
I respectfully disagree, Red, Left, Green Right, White Rear. Very easy to detect orientation.
I'm sure it would be very easy to detect if your Mavic is nearby. Try flying it 1+ miles away and then see what the lights look like. I suspect they might all be jumbled together at such a distance.

Last edited:
I'm sure it would be very easy to detect if your Mavic is nearby. Try flying it 1+ miles away and then see what the lights look like. I suspect they might all be jumbled together at such a distance.

Are you saying that mounting them sideways allows you to see it from a mile away??

Are you saying that mounting them sideways allows you to see it from a mile away?
No. I'm saying mounting three different colored lights straight down will most likely result in a jumble of colors when the Mavic is not nearby. When the lights are positioned sideways, you can only see the lights if they are facing you.

I'm working on a mount to attach a STROBON Cree® LED strobe light to the rear arm of the DJI Mavic. Here's a rough draft of my design so far:

View attachment 14535 View attachment 14536 View attachment 14537 View attachment 14538 View attachment 14539 View attachment 14540

Hate it? Love it? Have a suggestion?
Wow nice design ... Very clean look and one of the best inconspicuous mounts I ever seen for the Cree led
I have been wanting to get the Cree led's for my bird ,I just didn't like the look or idea of using Velcro
I'm very interested !!! Feel Free to contact me when ready for sale.
Hobbyists do the most awesome things Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Feel Free to contact me when ready for sale.
I'm working on some final tweaks to the design today. I'll post an order link here when they are available.

@msinger just an idea. If you could make the mount with some sort of translucent frosted material, you could make the strobe lights carry around to the back so the mounts could work. Thoughts?

If you could make the mount with some sort of translucent frosted material, you could make the strobe lights carry around to the back so the mounts could work.
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you thinking the lights will be visible from both sides then?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you thinking the lights will be visible from both sides then?
Yes. Make a mount that uses a material that carries light around to the backside of the mount. That way we can fold the arms without removing the mounts but still have the lights on the back.

It could work. I doubt the light would be bright enough to see in the distance though.

It could work. I doubt the light would be bright enough to see in the distance though.
If the path the light was traveling was narrow enough, it would scatter out. Or if you used a fiber optic line to reroute the light path, no light is lost. :p

Misinger just want to say I received the white cree strob from you and want to say thanks for the awesome little light am very happy with it.

Misinger just want to say I received the white cree strob from you and want to say thanks for the awesome little light am very happy with it.
Good to hear! Thank you for ordering from me :)

If the path the light was traveling was narrow enough, it would scatter out. Or if you used a fiber optic line to reroute the light path, no light is lost.
It's a neat idea. It's also probably a niche idea though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2