DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stuck in tree approximately 100 feet up. Any suggestions?

Seems to be small branches. I though the wind would knock it down, but no. I used a dog ball thrower, but keep hitting other branches and just not accurate enough. Any thoughts? In New Haven area. (It's actually on the other side of that bigger branch, not on it.)View attachment 91325
Use the sling shot and shoot a fishing line over the branch. Then use that to pull a small rope up and over the branch, keep on till you have one large enough to wiggle the branch till it falls. Then try to catch it on the way down, or in a net or something so it doesn't smash when it hits the ground. Otherwise hire someone with a bucket truck to go up and get it. Try the local tree service businesses.

Hello, I used an extension ladder and a long pole once to get my drone out of a tree. Actually I taped several poles together to give me the reach I need from the top of the ladder. Saved my drone. Be careful and have someone with you please.

Reactions: StinkiePants
Solved! I made a spear gun/canon, but it wouldn't go over 60-70 feet. I tried sling-shot, but distance and other branches were too much. So, I paid a tree climber $100 and he went up and cut the branch. I can't believe he went as high as he did. I was prepared with a towel in-hand to catch when it fell. It came falling down 20' away from me and landed perfectible upside down on the forest floor. Planets aligned for me on that! Not sure what if any damage yet, beside the blades. Thanks to everybody who helped with suggestions!

Attachments

• IMG_6839.JPG
    IMG_6839.JPG
    468.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6842.jpg
    IMG_6842.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6851.jpg
    IMG_6851.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6853.jpg
    IMG_6853.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6854.jpg
    IMG_6854.jpg
    633.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6855.jpg
    IMG_6855.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 15
Thumbswayup

Reactions: StinkiePants
Been there, tried everything. Ended up talking to the man in charge of the parks dept. and they got it back for me. It was in the tree a week.pic from kodak cam 018.jpg

Reactions: halifax
Seems like 1 issue. It seems to be flying perfectly. The only issue I see is one of the gimbal vibration dampeners/bands (not sure what they're called) disconnected, and i am getting abnormal gimbal vibration alert. Lucky! Will send to DJI for repair.

I had a similar thing happen on my property, I went and bought those screw in tree stand steps that hunters use and climbed up enough until I could shake the tree, it eventually fell out.

Also I'd strongly suggest against shooting a 22 in the air (air rifle or not). Just terrible advice and a horrible violation of fundamental gun safety rules
This was my thoughts as well. ? climb up high enough shake the tree.. ?

Fishing pole with a heavy weight, once over the branch secure a paracord line to the fishing line, pull it back , up and over the branch, and keep tugging. Got mine stuck in a 90 ft ponderosa pine. Worked like a charm. Good luck.

I went and bought a tennis ball gun and a wrist rocket. Gun had no power, and wrist rocket is not good with anything larger than small ball bearings (I was trying golf balls - first one almost did it, but wouldn't launch any after that one because the sling was too small and wet). Ugh.
Bow and Arrow or fire Dept. Stay safe don't clime that tree.
Good Look Oman

Last edited:
This commercial solution could work:

"There are no accidents. Signed, The Trees."

Mine was stuck at about 140 feet in the treetop. Too high for tree service, lift platforms or fire department ladder. Shaking the tree worked for me. I threw a thin guiding line over the highest branch it could reach, with the line I pulled up a serious rope that I hooked to my Wrangler. About 10 min back and forth in 4H made the tree shake enough to let the drone come free and fall down. Seriously damaged but all can be fixed.

Reactions: retiredNH
got mine stuck in a tree last fall. Two guys nearby were painting a church using a lift. One said, "if you can wait...". I did. He moved the lift under the tree, raised it and got within a few feet of the drone. Lifts and branches don't mix well, but he was close enough that he shook the branch and it fell onto the lift platform with no damage.

The video recording was running the whole time. I must edit it down and post the part where you see the lift rising up to the drone.

Here's a video of my crash and recovery, from the drone's POV of course. I gave the guys all the money I had in my wallet afterwards, about $50, even though they didn't want anything. Well worth it to me.

Reactions: SWTSU
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54