DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stupid helicopter

Yeah I've had a couple of similar situations, one of which I shut the motors off in-flight. My view is they have right of way (even if technically they don't) simply because they're manned. I see it as my responsibility to be hyper aware and get the heck out of their way.

On the other hand, judging height can be pretty hard without relative visual points of reference. They might seem low, but in probability were over 250ft...
Just curious , did the shutting down of the motors result in the loss of your drone ? and would is it possible to restart the motors and stabilise the drone before it hits the ground ?

Just curious , did the shutting down of the motors result in the loss of your drone ? and would is it possible to restart the motors and stabilise the drone before it hits the ground ?
No loss of drone thankfully - see the posts:

It was having seen this video before the incident that I knew what to do...

I regularly see choppers flying low near my house.
It's the army flying low close to drone max permitted height (90 mtr)
Thankfully I hear it coming from a long way off,and it's more or less the same flight path,but days and times vary.
Planes also come over shortly after taking off,but they are already at a safe height.
I regularly see choppers flying low near my house.
It's the army flying low close to drone max permitted height (90 mtr)
Thankfully I hear it coming from a long way off,and it's more or less the same flight path,but days and times vary.
Planes also come over shortly after taking off,but they are already at a safe height.
I see you’re in Chiang Mai @Pushkur. I was fortunate enough to visit there about a year and a half ago, fantastic place ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom