DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stupid Me!

It was a beautiful sunny day here in Minnesota so I decided to take my drone out....
I flew my drone all over beautiful Minnesota..
At the end of the day when I got home I put my SD card in to my computer to look at the beautiful video I took only to find out I forgot to hit record when I had my drone in the air..

Oh well.....I had fun flying anyway.
I have done it myself. Someone in the phantom forum gave me a tip that helped me (even thow i still forget at times) he said always hit record just before launch because you also never know what you will catch on the way up or to where you really want to film.

I did that yesterday after reading a post about another flyer doing it!
I also have lost footage through corruption and I think it is because I have turned the drone or controller off before stopping recording.
No opportunity to close writing access to the file when this happens. Result, corrupted.

This happens to everyone once. It is much more annoying when you set everything up at home, drive 1 hour to fly, and then find out on site that the propellers stayed at home.
Happened to me on one of the first flights with the Phantom 5 years ago.

I have a question, do people hit record and continue to record during the entire flight? I have been trying to make short videos (2 minutes) on subjects. To make editing easier, I position the drone, hit record, capture my shot and then stop recording. Rise, lather, repeat. I very rarely record a flight from take-off to landing.
This is what I tend to do... but more so because I switch from video to photo and back so I end up with numerous clips. I actually like longer clips because it make editing easier for me - I just pull in one, two or three long clips, chop it up, get rid of what I don't want to use. For me anyway the more clips the more sorting work needs to be done.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S