DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stupid me.

Neto

Reactions
I'm in Rio de Janeiro and there is a huge fireworks show at the beach for new year's eve.

Yesterday I asked if someone had a clue why I was unable to bypass the low light alert and record video anyway.

Stupid me.

The reason was that I forgot to put the SD card back to the Magic the last time I used.

Totally my fault, but seems to me that the app (DJI Go 4) should thrown a NO SD CARD alert instead of only blinking a dashed green light on the screen.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Ha, I did that during a test flight at home. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't record video. Landed it, reset it and the controller, launched again, was like WTF. Then landed it, started looking all around and then saw something saying there was no SD card on the small controller screen lol. And easy thing to forget.

Reactions: PropPilot
FYI

The way to know your SD card is not loaded on the Mavic is to look at your RC display - the SD card symbol will be flashing on-off if no card is present.

I found that out by accident.

Sent from my SM-T713 using MavicPilots mobile app

Just like a reminder to Tap to FOCUS.... they need a HUGE banner across the app: "NO SD CARD"... been in the same boat, I ended up pulling an SD card of my phone one time and my tablet another....

Reactions: Reed L
For all my cameras I make a special rule: never close the media card door if the card is not present. It won't fit in my camera bag and I always check why the door is open. 50,000 photos later and I have not yet arrived on a pretty vista only to find a NO CARD error.

On the Mavic, you almost have to unfold the rear arm to reach the door. Almost. So I extend my rule: never close the media hatch AND never fold the drone legs while the microSD card is removed.

Reactions: Big Bull
On the Mavic, you almost have to unfold the rear arm to reach the door. Almost. So I extend my rule: never close the media hatch AND never fold the drone legs while the microSD card is removed.

After I screwed up once I now do the same thing - Works great.

Mine Greys the video and shutter release buttons when no SD is inserted. I find this to be a fairly obvious cue, but not until I go to use the camera.

Reactions: Kilrah
Still, it would be nice a NO SD CARD alert on the app screen, right?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
What is worse than forgetting your memory card?

Forgetting to tap record =(

They should also make the recording time appear massive at the top middle of the screen.

What is worse than forgetting your memory card?

Forgetting to tap record =(

They should also make the recording time appear massive at the top middle of the screen.

lol you are right. learn that the hard way. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock