DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

sUAS Registration site down for maintenance

I can't register my Drone because the faa's (sUAS) registration site is down for maintenance. I've been trying for the last couple of days. What's up with that?Are they intentionally try to stop me from flying for the Christmas holidays?

I can't register my Drone because the faa's (sUAS) registration site is down for maintenance. I've been trying for the last couple of days. What's up with that?Are they intentionally try to stop me from flying for the Christmas holidays?

I'm sure there's a government plot against you and the FAA has a van parked across the street from your home.

Seriously - you could download a paper application and do it thru snail mail if you're worried about the drone police coming after you, keep a copy of the registration form with you and fly to your heart's content (or at least IAW FAR 101.41). In reality I don't think anyone is going to question you at this point as the feds are probably updating their website to accommodate the new (reinstituted) registration requirement.

If you are worried about local LE, download a copy of the website to show that online registration is unavailable at this time.

Follow the rules (FAR 101.41) and Merry Christmas!

Reactions: jc44224
I noticed some of the web sites selling drones are now showing you have to register before flying one outside. From what I've seen there are probably a lot of inexpensive drones under the Christmas trees this year requiring you to apply if you haven't as of yet. I got my number as soon as that bill was passed and figured the FAA would be heading into a traffic jam during the holiday rush.
State Farm TV Commercial, 'Drone' Featuring Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews

Reactions: FLYBOYJ

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead