DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Submerged drone

Petenour

Reactions
So my mavic pro was submerged for like 7 minutes maybe. Didn’t take the battery out till maybe 10 minutes after I found it. It will turn on and the light will flash and then it’s a blinking yellow light but the fan doesn’t start and it won’t connect to my phone.

My question is which parts should I replace? How do I know which ones are damaged? Is it worth it?

If it went down in salt water rinse it WELL with distilled water to remove any salt residue. Let it air dry thoroughly for 2 to 3 days with battery out, do not put the battery back in till it is dry. Try turning it on again and post results.

Search forum for more threads about same issue, but the cliff notes are stated above.

So my mavic pro was submerged for like 7 minutes maybe. Didn’t take the battery out till maybe 10 minutes after I found it. It will turn on and the light will flash and then it’s a blinking yellow light but the fan doesn’t start and it won’t connect to my phone.

My question is which parts should I replace? How do I know which ones are damaged? Is it worth it?

I would replace the entire aircraft.

Posted a note about this very subject a couple of days ago.
Saltwater immersion, even for a much shorter period than you have suggested, is pretty much fatal to all things electronic. Salt on its own is corrosive. The combination of salt, water and electrical current will simply kill your MP, from the inside out.
My personal advice; don't even try to fly it, presuming you are able to get to the point of being able to crank over the motors! Not worth the risks associated with a in-flight failure and resultant crash.
Think of it as and advance Christmas present - to yourself - and upgrade to an M2P.
Happy flying. :)

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Posted a note about this very subject a couple of days ago.
Saltwater immersion, even for a much shorter period than you have suggested, is pretty much fatal to all things electronic. Salt on its own is corrosive. The combination of salt, water and electrical current will simply kill your MP, from the inside out.
My personal advice; don't even try to fly it, presuming you are able to get to the point of being able to crank over the motors! Not worth the risks associated with a in-flight failure and resultant crash.
Think of it as and advance Christmas present - to yourself - and upgrade to an M2P.
Happy flying. :)

It wasn’t salt water. It was pond water

My apology. I had missread/misunderstood what you had originally written. However, my overall caution with regard to the corrosive effect of water on electronics still applies.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura