DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sudden Crash New Mavic 2 Pro

We could speculate all day, but without the .DAT file, we'll never have a good idea... still waiting

We have been discussing the analysis of the DAT file for the last couple of pages, and there is not much room left for speculation, except in terms of the detailed mechanism of the right rear motor deceleration.

Reactions: Wilbur
We could speculate all day, but without the .DAT file, we'll never have a good idea... still waiting
Please look back on the thread. The dAT file was the one I originally submitted and has now been dissected. If you look at the CATV movie of the first incident that I found after some searching, it seems that the right rear motor stopped for some reason. The CATV tape shows the right rear of the drone fall and the blade appears to be stopped. There has been lengthly conversation and analysis of the motor data with possible causes. So feel to dissect the 013 DAT file. It was the correct one all along. Thank you. BH has looked at the video and requested I send it back to them. Still have not heard back from DJI. Should have talked to BH photo first.

Please look back on the thread. The dAT file was the one I originally submitted and has now been dissected. If you look at the CATV movie of the first incident that I found after some searching, it seems that the right rear motor stopped for some reason. The CATV tape shows the right rear of the drone fall and the blade appears to be stopped. There has been lengthly conversation and analysis of the motor data with possible causes. So feel to dissect the 013 DAT file. It was the correct one all along. Thank you. BH has looked at the video and requested I send it back to them. Still have not heard back from DJI. Should have talked to BH photo first.

Now you're on the right track. B&H should take care of you.

Reactions: sar104
Like I said before, this is seriously interesting. In the face of all the data, I have to say that it's a lose connection from the esc to the motor. Final answer. Hahaha!

Like I said before, this is seriously interesting. In the face of all the data, I have to say that it's a lose connection from the esc to the motor. Final answer. Hahaha!

I don't think that's a possibility. The motor current would have dropped to zero if it went open circuit.

I don't think that's a possibility. The motor current would have dropped to zero if it went open circuit.

Kidding... It'll be funny if it comes out that the OP wrecked a prop in a previous flight or during initial assembly and replaced it without realizing that a piece was left in the motor.

Just heard from DJI and they will cover it under warranty. No word on the actual cause but I would really like to know.................. They are replacing all of the motor arms except the left rear arm.

Reactions: LakeTravis
Just heard from DJI and they will cover it under warranty. No word on the actual cause but I would really like to know.................. They are replacing all of the motor arms except the left rear arm.
Hi I’m just wondering, did you buy the warranty from them or are you just talking the standard manufacturer’s warranty? If you paid for it then yes they have to but that’s pretty impressive if they will cover it under the standard. Maybe call it a defective product.

Should be the standard warranty. I did not use the care refresh since I had video of both of the failures. I hope they don't use one of my instances. It was quite defective since it first failed on the second flight without having had any previous damage. I have full video of the entire first two flights. They were in the FOV of one camera. This reinforces that it will be up to the operator to prove that a malfunction occurred if there is a crash and the data from the drone leaves anything to question. Lesson learned.

I love reading what the folks into flight data analysis post. It’s give me a lot of insight on flying and how these birds work. Thx

You know what, I was using the hyperlapse feature 2 days ago and my drone dropped out the sky also. I posted the DAT on another post. Reading through all the posts, there has to be some kind of bug

Drone is on the way back. Covered under warranty. Plan to return to bh photo if the cause is not explained to me. If one motor fails like this one did.. it is up to data or direct video of the craft to prove fault. Risky business. Buyer and user be ware of risks and be insured!

Drone is on the way back. Covered under warranty. Plan to return to bh photo if the cause is not explained to me. If one motor fails like this one did.. it is up to data or direct video of the craft to prove fault. Risky business. Buyer and user be ware of risks and be insured!
it is why the most pro grade drones are using hex or octo design, to allow an ESC or motor failure without a crash. risky business, yes. but, speaking of mavics, it is more an exception than a rule to see their motors fail, at least based on the info on forums.
but, you are correct, flying a quad - any quad - over somebody`s head or property is always as risk, as it may be a hardware failure, or a bird, or an old prop that decided to come apart - it may happen. that risk is low, but it is there.

Reactions: Yhodah
I'm no expert but from looking at that Video it looks like one of the props has hit something ? large strand of Grass maybe ?

DJI sent back a new Mavic2 pro. So other than the three week loss I am happy with the outcome. Just flew in place for 30 minutes in the full view of video cameras. There will be no question about hitting anything unless I actually hit something. I wish I had it last night with the amazing sunset. I certainly have a heads up on the potential of one motor failure. Appreciate all the experts who looked at my data.

I don’t really understand your definitive stance on returning it. I work in the automotive business and if people took that stance, no one would be driving. Even most you explain it to don’t understand. After all I have read on this thread we all understand quite a bit more, related to the crash and not related. You have insurance on your car so why not get insurance when you fly your drone? They sell it by the flight.

I just don’t really understand your all or nothing stance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803