DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sudden flight restriction

I'm a new owner, had the drone a week, been setting it all up and watching vids, reading manuals, but haven't flown yet, weather rubbish.
I don't seem to have this 'beginner mode' problem. I upgraded to this level of firmware the other day, before I read all this above, and all I can see is a 'beginner mode' toggle switch in the system menu, on or off. I have fired it all up indoors today, with and without internet access on the iPad Mini, and in both cases I can simply switch in or out of beginner mode. Doesn't seem to tally with the story above.

So if I am traveling to a remote place for 2 days, I have to log into DJI Go4 before I leave (while I have internet) and as long as I keep the page open on my phone, I can fly properly? If my phone runs out of battery, I cannot fly without restrictions? Can the Mavic be turned off during this time, to switch batteries? That is ridiculous. Don't they know people use their drones to film remote locations? Can I revert back to older versions of DJI Go4 despite having run the latest firmware update?

So if I am traveling to a remote place for 2 days, I have to log into DJI Go4 before I leave (while I have internet)
Yes. Your login should be remembered until you either manually log out of DJI GO or uninstall and reinstall DJI GO. Restarting your mobile device should not log you out.

Reactions: conchman
If you're running the latest firmware, you'll be restricted to a height of 30 meters (98 feet) and a distance of 50 meters (164 feet) when not logged into the DJI GO app. That's mentioned in the Mavic release notes here:

View attachment 17817

This change is explained in great detail in this video:

If you're already logged into DJI GO, log out and back in again. You can log out in the following section of DJI GO:

dji-go-login-how-to-logout-jpg.85466

Once logged back in again, your login information will be stored locally on your mobile device and you should be able to fly without restriction (even when disconnected from the Internet). If you find that not to be the case, then uninstall DJI GO and reinstall it.

Note: If you're using a newer version of DJI GO with an older version of the Phantom firmware, DJI GO will pop up a message saying your altitude/distance is going to be restricted (even though it's not really restricted when you fly). To remove that message, you'll either need to upgrade the Phantom firmware or downgrade DJI GO.
YOU ALWAYS HAVE A SOLUTON. THANKS SO MUCH

Reactions: msinger

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada