DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suddenly dropped from the sky while hovering, Mavic Air

That eventually leads to the FC concluding ESC stall at 83.6 seconds, followed by motor shut down.
Thanks sar! Would the FC have done the same if the nearGround parameter was different? I was confused as to why that mattered enough to be included in the reason for motor stop.

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks sar! Would the FC have done the same if the nearGround parameter was different? I was confused as to why that mattered enough to be included in the reason for motor stop.

I don't know, but the implication is that the absence of enough altitude even to attempt to recover from the motor stall condition may lead to a motor stop command for safety reasons.

The critical issue seems to be that the fc thought it was close to the ground, so it seems reasonable to speculate that the VPS sensors froze over too.

When the current to the motors reached a critical point, as sar points out, the FC thought it was preventing the drone from taking off or leaving the relative safety of proximity to the ground.

The critical issue seems to be that the fc thought it was close to the ground, so it seems reasonable to speculate that the VPS sensors froze over too.

When the current to the motors reached a critical point, as sar points out, the FC thought it was preventing the drone from taking off or leaving the relative safety of proximity to the ground.

No - it's most unlikely that they froze over - the vision sensors often fail this way in fog.

height.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123