DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suddenly having Lag/video pixelation? Fixed!

Skiergd011013

Reactions
I just want to leave this here, because more and more people are having this problem out of nowhere and don't know how to fix it. It is so bad that it ruins flying. I had the same problem. @Dragonfly thanks for your help fixing it. Most likely, your issue is the new, .20 version of the go4 app. Uninstall it, and install the previous .16 version, and you will be problem free once again. Hopefully dji is aware and working to solve this. Make sure your "automatic updates" is turned off for your apps, or your device will auto update back to .20. You can download here. Good luck. DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.16 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Last edited:
The exact same issue I was having. I finally found a copy of the .16 version and I am running like silk again! I just did an active track run with my daughter on a scooter and no glitches whatsoever. Now i am going to try flying about a mile or so out and see what, if any, glitches I get.

The exact same issue I was having. I finally found a copy of the .16 version and I am running like silk again! I just did an active track run with my daughter on a scooter and no glitches whatsoever. Now i am going to try flying about a mile or so out and see what, if any, glitches I get.
i bet you have zero glitches;). I went out 2 miles last night without a hiccup. Dji better fix this fast. They don't need customers having these annoying problems with a $1000 drone, especially with competition now heating up.

I have only flown mine about 8 times, so this crap was making me hate spending money on a drone! Now, I'll be able to actually practice flying it.

On a side note, I almost ran over a light pole in active track! It doesn't do a very good job of turning around when it is close to the subject. More practice with the sideways movement for me.

I have only flown mine about 8 times, so this crap was making me hate spending money on a drone! Now, I'll be able to actually practice flying it.

On a side note, I almost ran over a light pole in active track! It doesn't do a very good job of turning around when it is close to the subject. More practice with the sideways movement for me.
you have to be careful with that mode. I tried it once, it followed me just fine, then i stopped. It stopped as well, then suddenly took off right for the house. It stopped mere inches from smashing into the house, the sensors did their job, but it still took off by itself.

Reactions: Odom1957
you have to be careful with that mode. I tried it once, it followed me just fine, then i stopped. It stopped as well, then suddenly took off right for the house. It stopped mere inches from smashing into the house, the sensors did their job, but it still took off by itself.

Mine did the same thing once when it lost the subject. I immediately stopped the advance track while holding the elevate stick full up! It flew directly over my house before stopping. I was tracking a car in my neighborhood.

I just want to leave this here, because more and more people are having this problem out of nowhere and don't know how to fix it. It is so bad that it ruins flying. I had the same problem. @Dragonfly thanks for your help fixing it. Most likely, your issue is the new, .20 version of the go4 app. Uninstall it, and install the previous .16 version, and you will be problem free once again. Hopefully dji is aware and working to solve this. Make sure your "automatic updates" is turned off for your apps, or your device will auto update back to .20. You can download here. Good luck. DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.16 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror
Deleted version .20, turned off auto updates and downloaded version .16. It downloaded fine and when it opens it says "connecting to server..." and won't go past 0%. Ugh! Running on Pixel which is up to date.

Turn off your wifi. It should work on cell signal. Mine won't work when wifi is on for some reason.

I've had the same issue and it has been bothersome. Good to see a temporary solution.

How do you turn off automatic updates on Crystalsky? I can't seem to find a setting or any threads about it.

I have the same issue with pixilation and I also am getting a calibrate compass move drone .... message intermittingly while flying.. I can look at the controller and watch it go from 2 solid green bars to red and back while the drone is hoover close to me. dont believe it is magnetic interferrence as it happens in all locations and comes and goes. Is this related.

Does anyone know if the latest 4.2.21 version fixes this issue? I have rolled back to .16 version but would like to get on the latest version of app if the video issue is fixed. I did upgrade to the latest firmware.

Reactions: Mike Oz
I've been using a copy of version .16 on a two year old phone Moto G4+ that has no sim card and stays in airplane mode. That's the only thing that has worked for the last month. I'll try version .21 on my Pixel at lunch time and see if it works.

4.2.21 did not behave any better than 4.2.20 on my Pixel. I updated firmware, shut down and restarted everything and still get a lagging response from the controls and pixelated or green screen on my phone.

I don't think they are listening. I have sent multiple incident reports to DJI Support through the app and have received zero response.

Last edited:
They don't seem to care about Android users. They fixed an IOS bug from .21 to .22 really quick. The app is terrible for Android. Maybe they just want all these users to buy Apple devices. Funny since the Crystal Sky is Android. For me the EVO is looking like a product that will be better supported. I know guys with XStars and have said the support is fantastic. DJI seems to just not care once the product is sold.

Begs the question. How does a multibillion dollar company not be able to test these devices. I'm sure they can afford to buy the most common retail mobile devices. At least 20 of the latest ones. Samsung is big Apple competitor, so maybe they just want to make it bad for Samsung users to buy into Apple devices.

Apple is known for making their updates not work with less recent devices. Throttle them down, make things not work, then say the device is underpowered for the IOS version. Many fall for it every time.

I had a rooted tablet working great. It was about 5 years old. 1.3 G cpu, quad, with 2G ram. Go4 was also good until the recent Go4 updates. I can run Litchi on it fine.

I was thinking about getting Litchi but wasn't sure if that would void my warranty or make my DJI insurance invalid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000