DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suddenly Mavic won't go above 96-98 feet altitude

lownox

Reactions
I'm on the latest firmware, logged into DJI app... all seem well. Max. altitude is set to 120m, but Mavic declares maximum altitude reached at around 100 feet. Also not in beginner mode. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas for me.

This is my first post here. Let me apologize in advance if this ends up being some noob/headspace issue.

Thanks for any ideas.

Others have solved this by logging out of the DJI account, then logging back in. Some have needed to reinstall the GO4 app.

Reinstalling fixed it. Thanks for the suggestion. I wish I had thought to do that first before bothering all of you.

Reactions: mkp2020
Dammit, this happened to me earlier today. I figured I was in some kind of restricted area and I was just stuck with a max altitude of 100ft and max distance of 160ish feet. Wish I saw this thread sooner!

Dammit, this happened to me earlier today. I figured I was in some kind of restricted area and I was just stuck with a max altitude of 100ft and max distance of 160ish feet. Wish I saw this thread sooner!
I had the exact opposite happen to me today. Bird just started drifting up and wouldn't respond to the command to come down. Tried RTH and it just hovered. Not only was this alarming but to make matters worse, the bird far exceeded the pre-set max alt on both. Data indicated that it was ~387ft. Not cool. Even exceeded the RTH pre-set. Hovered for about 3 minutes then started, slowly, responding to my command to come down. Eventually, I was able to land it but it scared the living crap out of me. This is the second flight that something similar has happened. Between this and the crappy DJI app, I am seriously beginning to wonder if I should return it and just upgrade my 3dr Solo.

All FW current.
Ipad mini 4 with current app.
All calibrated correctly.

Last edited:
I had this happen to me yesterday (max altitude 30m not the opposite problem). It had been fine on the previous flight. I landed, tried again, same problem. Triple checked max altitude in the MC (120m) and no beginner mode or max distance. Switching RC off and on and reloading app seemed to solve the problem. Random bug...

I had this happen to me yesterday (max altitude 30m not the opposite problem). It had been fine on the previous flight. I landed, tried again, same problem. Triple checked max altitude in the MC (120m) and no beginner mode or max distance. Switching RC off and on and reloading app seemed to solve the problem. Random bug...

No not a random bug... this has been well documented.... after a firmware/software 'up'grade, it is possible that you will receive flight restrictions until you log back in to your DJI account.

I hadn't done an upgrade and as I say the restriction was gone after I restarted everything. Today however I did make the mistake of trying to upgrade. USB timed out and it hung on 99%. Now Go4 shuts down immediately after launching the app. The finest weather out too and I'm grounded with low batteries, nightmare!

Unfortunately, DJI has not been able to adequately respond to this issue. The workaround (turn off the controller and turn it back on) is unacceptable.

I’m having this issue today. Can I reinstall the app without losing my videos and pics that are stored on there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada