DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suggestion for a Sticky Thread at the top of the "Mavic Pro Help" Forum

rfc

Reactions
All but a few of the threads that start with "My Mavic Flew away", or "My Mavic Crashed" etc. usually lead to someone asking the OP to post the logs, followed by the OP asking "How do I do that?"

How about a sticky with all the links in one place...the ones @msinger, @sar104 and @BudWalker usually post. They'd include how to get the flightlogs from the controller posted, getting the .dats off the bird, @BudWalker's thread where he shows how to routinely delete logs so that the internal sd card doesn't get full, etc.

Then, when someone asks, we can point him to that thread. Heck, if the thread was called "ATTENTION: Read this before you post your sad crash story", or whatever, some might actually start their threads with all the logs downloaded and ready to go, lol.

Just a thought.

Reactions: BudWalker
This sticky is at the top of this forum right now:
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

I guess a lot of people probably aren't reading it? That's always a problem with stickies...

Reactions: BudWalker

I guess a lot of people probably aren't reading it? That's always a problem with stickies...
Oops. Guilty. I never even noticed it. Probably because of the generic name. Can that be changed from time to time? It might bring more attention to itself, lol. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

See I just hit 'new posts'. every time, so with no activity, that post, sticky or not, wont show up.

All but a few of the threads that start with "My Mavic Flew away", or "My Mavic Crashed" etc. usually lead to someone asking the OP to post the logs, followed by the OP asking "How do I do that?"

How about a sticky with all the links in one place...the ones @msinger, @sar104 and @BudWalker usually post. They'd include how to get the flightlogs from the controller posted, getting the .dats off the bird, @BudWalker's thread where he shows how to routinely delete logs so that the internal sd card doesn't get full, etc.

Then, when someone asks, we can point him to that thread. Heck, if the thread was called "ATTENTION: Read this before you post your sad crash story", or whatever, some might actually start their threads with all the logs downloaded and ready to go, lol.

Just a thought.

That post is for problems in general. Most of the items won't help much for a flight incident. If you're interested in a Sticky for getting help with a flight incident I would use this

In order of importance
1. A brief description of the incident.We don't need to know your history as a pilot, the weather, the setting, how you obtained the Mavic, etc. Just the facts that are relevant to the incident.
2. The .txt log. That can be uploaded to @msinger 's DJI Flight Log Viewer and then post the link it provides. Or, the .txt can be directly attached to a post.
3. The .DAT might be necessary, particularly for fly aways or other incidents that occur soon after launch. The AC .DAT is best. Look here to see how to retrieve it. If the AC .DAT can't be retrieved then the tablet .DAT can be used. Look here to see how to retrieve the tablet .DAT. Upload the .DAT to a public sharing site like DropBox or GoogleDrive and then provide a link to that uploaded .DAT

Last edited:
That post is for problems in general. Most of the items won't help much for a flight incident.
Right. It would be hard to create one sticky that applied to every situation. I suppose the OP could list questions for a few specific common situations (if he knew what those questions were).

And then we'll be back to the problem where the majority of people don't read stickies. So, we'll either have to say "read the sticky" or just ask the questions we need to know.

It might be more useful to have this information displayed/accessible near the post text box when new threads are created.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka