DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Summer scenes- Minneapolis

I live in the western ‘burbs and am looking for interesting places to fly. It looks like you’re launching from city parks in some cases - is that permitted, or are you flouting the law and getting away with it?

Nice video. Thanks for sharing. What editing program are you using. I’m playing around with a few currently. Would like to hear what others are using before I waste time and money.

I launch from parks a lot of times. Unless there are city ordinances against it I believe it’s perfectly legal.

Nice video. I lived in Duluth for a few years . A drone on Superior’s North Shore would have been perfect back then. Wonder if the the Apostle Islands can be droned ? Some of those aren’t too far from each other

Reactions: Jet skier
I live in the western ‘burbs and am looking for interesting places to fly. It looks like you’re launching from city parks in some cases - is that permitted, or are you flouting the law and getting away with it?
I read on the city website that you are supposed to pay for a permit to fly in the parks but I live real close and fly when not many people are there. The park employees said it was fine for what that's worth, it doesn't seem to bother anybody-yet

Nice video. Thanks for sharing. What editing program are you using. I’m playing around with a few currently. Would like to hear what others are using before I waste time and money.

I launch from parks a lot of times. Unless there are city ordinances against it I believe it’s perfectly legal.
I use final cut pro .I am just starting to understand how to use it somewhat .its worth it-no monthly fee like the others, but it does cost 300. Its either that or divinci resolve which is free still.
I think most city parks have there own rules

Nice video. I lived in Duluth for a few years . A drone on Superior’s North Shore would have been perfect back then. Wonder if the the Apostle Islands can be droned ? Some of those aren’t too far from each other
I can't wait to get away and do some drone filming on the north shore this summer yet

Beautiful summers. High 70s and low 80’s just a few days in the 90’s. Lake Superior’s north shore and the Apostle Islands in Wisconsin have a good number of hundred year old lighthouses. Unfortunately I lived there before drones. No idea if those are No Fly. Occasionally the Northern lights kick up. Has anyone droned those ?

Beautiful summers. High 70s and low 80’s just a few days in the 90’s. Lake Superior’s north shore and the Apostle Islands in Wisconsin have a good number of hundred year old lighthouses. Unfortunately I lived there before drones. No idea if those are No Fly. Occasionally the Northern lights kick up. Has anyone droned those ?
It's funny the weather is actually quite a bit warmer in southern Minnesota then it is in northern Minnesota like an average of about 14° and even more cooler right along the north shore

Yep. I lived in Duluth and hiked the north shore just about every weekend. Photographed many bald eagles, lighthouses and northern lights. But the weather did change just south of DLH. Up “Nort” we got more snow and trees don’t bud till Memorial Weekend. Lots of good flying days though.

Yep. I lived in Duluth and hiked the north shore just about every weekend. Photographed many bald eagles, lighthouses and northern lights. But the weather did change just south of DLH. Up “Nort” we got more snow and trees don’t bud till Memorial Weekend. Lots of good flying days though.
Nice.
Are there any favorite rivers to drone like temperance, cascade etc. or areas. Palisade head?

Nice.
Are there any favorite rivers to drone like temperance, cascade etc. or areas. Palisade head?
I have heard that drones are off-limits at split rock and Tetagouch park but there are many cheaters

I got the drones after I left. Palisade Head had seasonal bans due to falcons nesting but that is early spring. The lighthouse in Two Harbors might be avaible . I used to see Cessnas orbiting Split Rock light every summer weekend and during “Light Up Night “ every Nov 10th. Never stopped them

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_