DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sun flares and spots, M1P versus M2Z

John Locke

Reactions
There has been a lot of coverage in the past about the sun flares and spotting from the original Mavic Pro. Most attribute that to the quality of the lens. I'm wondering how the M2Z compares. Has anyone seen comparisons on this issue on YouTube? Or, has anyone here done their own MP vs. M2Z comparison with identical shots, panning around with the sun in the camera view?

I'm attracted to the M2Z, but not if it's still exhibits the same MP sun flaring, which my P3P, P4 or P4P don't exhibit.

I think the problem is caused more by the placement of the camera than the quality of the lens. The Mavic camera is right out front with little body above to shade the lens. I have a snap-on lens hood for my MP that helps with this.

Reactions: nadtwins
The sun does it to every camera, which is why snap on shades are already available.

The sun does it to every camera, which is why snap on shades are already available.

I tried the sun shade, but it's still a problem when panning around and sun sneaks in. IMO it's a band aid that doesn't do much. This seems like a degrading of the lens quality itself. My P3P and P4 with the same 1/2 sensor don't exhibit this problem nearly as bad as MP. P3P and P4 have very little flare and spotting by comparison. That's why I'd like to see comparison data between MP and M2Z. I'm hoping the new zoom lens in the camera mitigates the flare to be more like Phantom quality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky