DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunnylife Screen Protectors...DO NOT BUY

rangemaster728

Reactions
I ended up with 2 sets of Sunnylife Screen Protectors for my new DJI Smart Controller...both were bad.

One came from Amazon, the other from Drone Valley; one arrived cracked, the other immediately cracked when carefully trying to peel the protective film off (labeled ‘remove before installation’).

Advertised as a 9H hardness screen protector I expected it to be like all the other hard screen protectors I have on my Android and iOS devices...not so. It’s very thin, cheap and flimsy.

Ordering something else now...

I ended up with 2 sets of Sunnylife Screen Protectors for my new DJI Smart Controller...both were bad.

One came from Amazon, the other from Drone Valley; one arrived cracked, the other immediately cracked when carefully trying to peel the protective film off (labeled ‘remove before installation’).

Advertised as a 9H hardness screen protector I expected it to be like all the other hard screen protectors I have on my Android and iOS devices...not so. It’s very thin, cheap and flimsy.

Ordering something else now...
do you mean this one?

odd, i got it, and, it is just as any protector - glass seems not very thick, but not thin neither. my grief with it - but i think any protector glass is like that - original screen has some anti-reflective coating, it actually helps quite a bit against the sun. this protector glass if very reflective. but, it did stick in well and sits on well, so, for what it is - it works. i tested it with a screwdriver before attaching - it did not crack after a smack. so, dunno what to say. worked for me so far.
but i probably will toss it away, as i think it defeats the purpose with this reflectivity.

do you mean this one?

odd, i got it, and, it is just as any protector - glass seems not very thick, but not thin neither. my grief with it - but i think any protector glass is like that - original screen has some anti-reflective coating, it actually helps quite a bit against the sun. this protector glass if very reflective. but, it did stick in well and sits on well, so, for what it is - it works. i tested it with a screwdriver before attaching - it did not crack after a smack. so, dunno what to say. worked for me so far.
but i probably will toss it away, as i think it defeats the purpose with this reflectivity.
That's why I still prefer matte protectors for my various devices. I can't always find matte but I prefer a very slight blur, if that, rather than a glare or reflective protector.

Reactions: Thomas B
That's why I still prefer matte protectors for my various devices. I can't always find matte but I prefer a very slight blur, if that, rather than a glare or reflective protector.
i am not sure if anything like that exists, i would prefer it too for SC. but, with all downsides, i do not want to end up with a $600 device screen scratched neither. so, it is a dilemma. with the protector i can just throw it into a bag and do not worry what else it hits there.

i am not sure if anything like that exists, i would prefer it too for SC. but, with all downsides, i do not want to end up with a $600 device screen scratched neither. so, it is a dilemma. with the protector i can just throw it into a bag and do not worry what else it hits there.
Well, for transport, there is the full plastic cover made by PGYTech.

Sunny life silicone case, and lanyard was $8 combined. Not to sure why I would expect much from a cheap Chinese maker.
5ea88b0884ff165022616071f489c587.jpg

Ended up with 2 of these same ones, both Amazon. First was shipped in an envelope and the internal box was bent and the screen totally cracked. The second was totally missing the screen but it did have PgyTech stickers in the box which was odd...

Complete refund and a hassle. It's costing more in shipping than this junk is worth - at least it's not on my dime..

Still searching but may go custom matte...

I went with this one from Amazon as I was leaving on a trip and wanted it the next day. Installed easy. I haven't noticed increased glare but I haven't really used it in the midday sun either.

I pulled the trigger on a different kind "Skyreat 2-Pack Screen Protector Compatible DJI Smart Controller". Comes in a 2 pack and the box is well made. Installed and it had a silicone type of backing as I set the top and let it fall into place. I could see it seal or attach automatically as it fell into place and not a single bubble. The box had 2 in it as well as 2 install kits - so far so good. Better than the one on my cell phone;)

Amazon.com: Skyreat 2-Pack Screen Protector Compatible DJI Smart Controller,9H Hardness Anti-Scratch Tempered Glass for Mavic 2 Smart Controller: Camera & Photo

I got the Sunnylife Screen Protector. It went on easy, just dropped it on. No bubbles. Good protection so far, cleans easy. I too thought I noticed an increase in the sun glare. Like paulatkin73 says, do you want your screen scratched? I never saw a matte screen protector.

I can't give you a review and there were no reviewers on Amazon, but here's a matte finish for the SC for $15.

BROTECT. 2X Matte Screen Protector for DJI Smart Controller, Matte, Anti-Glare, Anti-Scratch

I pulled the trigger on a different kind "Skyreat 2-Pack Screen Protector Compatible DJI Smart Controller". Comes in a 2 pack and the box is well made. Installed and it had a silicone type of backing as I set the top and let it fall into place. I could see it seal or attach automatically as it fell into place and not a single bubble. The box had 2 in it as well as 2 install kits - so far so good. Better than the one on my cell phone;)

Amazon.com: Skyreat 2-Pack Screen Protector Compatible DJI Smart Controller,9H Hardness Anti-Scratch Tempered Glass for Mavic 2 Smart Controller: Camera & Photo

So I got this same screen protector and installed one last weekend. Looks nice but my screen is almost totally unresponsive. Are you still using this?

Yep - still using it and no issues with responsiveness other than what appears to be a bug or delay when trying to get into the menu. I just select a tab (quad,controller,etc) on top and it instantly opens the menu.

Is this happening across your screen or localized to a specific area?

It's very inconsistent. When I first powered up the controller after installing the screen protector the first thing I tried to do was swipe down from the top to get to the settings screen. Would not respond at all. Some touches of the screen would work. The media and apps buttons responded as normal. Then it was like the screen was frozen and wouldn't respond at all. This was last Saturday late in the day and I haven't tried to fly since then. I just powered on the controller to check it again and at first it was responding as expected and I was thinking it was ok but then it started being inconsistent again. :( Do you know if there is a way to calibrate the screen?

Just to follow up. It seems the issue is just the left two-thirds of the screen. The right third of the screen works just fine. Go figure.

I actually have a Sunnylife protector that I got for Christmas. Haven’t tried it yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard