DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunset shot from my MA in Smith River, Ca

Nice shot Thumbswayup

But to amplify the feeling I think you had there that evening I took the liberty to let it quickly pass through PS, hope you don't mind.

DJI_0006x.jpg

Reactions: Skyflyer129
... had a filter on the lense I want to say it was a nd6 lense.

Perhaps you already know this, then sorry if I'm kicking in an already open door ... but have seen several here on the forum that thinks ND's enhance still pictures :)

For stills it's no need to use an ND filter, it's mainly for filming, generating shutter double the frame rate (like 24 fps use 1/48 sec) to get some degree of natural motion blur.

The exposure for your picture was according to the exif info: shutter 1/125 sec. and ISO 136 (My bet it was taken in Auto mode). If you had taken away the filter (which mainly is sunshades for the lens) more light had entered the lens and by that the camera probably had answered by lowering the ISO (lowered the degree of noice in the shady cliffs) & used an even quicker shutter speed.

It's only for one & only "normal" purpose for a shoot like this you use ND filters (for stills in general) ... it's if you want to make the waves & water buttery smooth by having a really long shutter speed (like from 1 sec. & slower). To get an effect like that you need to use ND's up to 1000.

The only really rare occasion you can benefit of an ND in lower numbers for stills is if it's so bright that the shutter can't be quicker (can perhaps happen in snowy conditions under a clear sunlit sky or in a desert with white sand & bright sun), then you put sun glasses on the lens (ND filter).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan