DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Sunset atop Sulfur Mountain, Banff, Alberta, Canada

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This is an image of the sunset from atop Sulfur Mountain (gondola ride) in Banff National Park in the town of Banff, Alberta, Canada. This is a very popular tourist site, with several restaurants, a look out trail, and broad seating deck to observe the Canadian
Rockies. We went there for the sunset and dinner in the Sky Bistro Restaurant. Banff is in the valley as well as the Bow River, as seen in the picture. Banff is in a national park so no drones allowed. (a prefix was required to post the image but no drone used).

This image was created using Adobe AI Photoshop Masking tools, editing each portion of the image separately (e.g.: sky, foreground, etc.). Shot with Nikon Z8 and 24-200, f/4-6.3 lens, Really Right Stuff tripod.

Dale
Miami
Setting Sun Rays Banff Valley.jpg

Awesome photo!

WOW Dale, that's a great picture. You're missing out on some awesome Montana weather.
You have a great memory. True, I was actually supposed to be fly fishing right this very minute in the Big Sky area but my long time trusty fishing guide called me last week at the last minute to announce he was down with a bad case of covid! I had to cancel a year long planned trip- flight, hotel, rental car, etc. So I am now editing images from my Canadian trip back home in Miami. I could not afford to take the risk of being with him this week in a car with close proximity because in 3 weeks we are leaving for a 3 week African safari to Maasai Mara and that trip is all paid for and no deposit!

You are lucky to live in beautiful Flathead! Montana is exploding in real estate (see Wall Street Journal article last week). That is why we switched to Canada. The developers have chased us away from Big Sky. Rentals are sky high.

Dale

Welcome to the beautiful area of Alberta. There are many more flying places other than Banf and Jasper parks. It truly is a great place to live so close to the mountains but Vancouver Island is better.

Welcome to the beautiful area of Alberta. There are many more flying places other than Banf and Jasper parks. It truly is a great place to live so close to the mountains but Vancouver Island is better.
Yes- I know your area well. We spent a week at Wickeninish Inn and lots of visits to Tofino several years ago.

Dale
Miami

We just got back from 5 days in Tofino and 5 days in Port Renfrew. It is a always a great visit to Tofino as we lived there for 5 years from 94 to 99 when Tofino was just starting to boom as a tourist destination. Now it is the Little Whistler. That would be the New Wick Inn you stayed at. The original was at the south end of Long Beach on Wickaninnish Beach and is a closed up now. There was an info center there but even that is closed up now. It is a great beach to walk on and even a little ways from the parking lot there are sand dunes just like in Oregon. If you have bikes you can ride on the beach, which we did.
Hence my name Tofino

We just got back from 5 days in Tofino and 5 days in Port Renfrew. It is a always a great visit to Tofino as we lived there for 5 years from 94 to 99 when Tofino was just starting to boom as a tourist destination. Now it is the Little Whistler. That would be the New Wick Inn you stayed at. The original was at the south end of Long Beach on Wickaninnish Beach and is a closed up now. There was an info center there but even that is closed up now. It is a great beach to walk on and even a little ways from the parking lot there are sand dunes just like in Oregon. If you have bikes you can ride on the beach, which we did.
Hence my name Tofino
When we stayed there it was called Chesterman Beach. Right? They advertised winter wave watching.

Dale

Yes it is. That is the north end of Chestermans beach. And the winter storm watching is something to behold. a excellent place to stay to watch the winter storms right on the rocks is Middle Beach Lodge. There Lodge room overlooking the ocean sometimes gets sprayed by the huge waves and high tide in the winter time during the storms. It is something to hear and experience the waves rolling in and crashing against the rocks. Sounds like a fright train going by.

A good Canadian sunset.

Very Very cleaver! How in the heck did you find this? This record is available on e bay for $3.99. I might steal this music for the video show I am making. I love this forum!

Dale

Reactions: BOT
I asked Mr. Google: canadian sunset music. It came back with:
Bob M (I must try to work on how to edit my profile)
Truth is, I remember this song when I was younger! (I am 85). It was on the radio all the time and never once gave it a thought when I edited this picture.

Dale
Miami FL USA

That is a spectacular picture! I like it!

That is a spectacular picture! I like it!
I must admit that I spent a ton of time editing this image, including a third party (Luminar) star burst effect, as well as masking tools in Adobe. You should have seen the original!

Dale

Reactions: Prop Wash
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas