DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Surface pro

Flamemaster66

Reactions
Hello , new to drone world and to message boards, so here goes , just bought mavic pro 2 and loving this thing , except I have read that folks use android tablets with there controller and my Note 9 is fine but cannot figure how to get the dji go 4 app onto my surface pro ...I have serached threads but maybe I'm not doing the search right , I realize I am over 50 and playing in a young mans world so my learning curve may be a little linger , but these drones are AWESOME to play with !!!

I need the bigger screen so I bought the mavmount setup for 12 inch tablet , and if the surface pro wont work then I will have to get the ipad pro .

I ha
My Note 9 works perfectly , trying to use my surface pro .

I have the Surface Pro and the Surface Go. I've tried two different Android emulators and neither would let me run DJI Go. I must have spent a week trying different things. I'm not aware of anyone else who was able to get it to work either.

If you’re going for an iPad make sure you get a cellular model the Wi-Fi only models do not have GPS. You don’t need a Sim card you just need the GPS I would buy a used one and dedicated for flying. Get the smallest amount of storage available as you really don’t need much storage to fly.

If you’re going for an iPad make sure you get a cellular model the Wi-Fi only models do not have GPS. You don’t need a Sim card you just need the GPS
There are only two flight functions that can use the GPS in a phone or tablet.
They are resetting the homepoint to the current location of the controller.
Used if flying from a moving boat or a car.​
But for the last year this feature has not worked with Apple phones or iPads.​
And .. Follow-me flight
Not used much but Active track works better and does not require a GPS-enabled phone or tablet.​
So all up, there's really not much of a case to suggest that a GPS-enabled iPad is a must-have.

I have to admit, I have never used message boards until now , and I REALLY appreciate all the advice given !!! Thank you again from the old guy ..haha

There are only two flight functions that can use the GPS in a phone or tablet.
They are resetting the homepoint to the current location of the controller.
Used if flying from a moving boat or a car.​
But for the last year this feature has not worked with Apple phones or iPads.​
And .. Follow-me flight
Not used much but Active track works better and does not require a GPS-enabled phone or tablet.​
So all up, there's really not much of a case to suggest that a GPS-enabled iPad is a must-have.
Well I personally like Google maps to accurately reflect my position. I have flown without a GPS device and there really weren’t too many issues. And maybe I will put a Sim card in so I don’t have to tether. The Wi-Fi position is close most of the time but then if you don’t have Wi-Fi in the field that’s not gonna work. I actually have not had too many problems flying with no maps at all in the field there have been times when I had no Wi-Fi to download Maps.
Then there are other times when I want to plan a mission with an app in the field and it’s nice having the GPS.
It was more of an informative message that you won’t have GPS.

Have anyone tried with Bluestacks?

Have anyone tried with Bluestacks?
Someone stated earlier in the thread that they tried it with two different emulators, I'm going to go out in a limb and guess one was BlueStacks.

Emulators are really cool but I'm not sure I would trust my drone using one!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gshu