DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TriplTek 9 Pro - screen specifications and video playback performance

DmitryGlinka

Reactions
Hy folks

Attached is the output from the CPU-Z app, showing the deice specifications for a TriplTek 8 Pro.
The specifications from TriplTek for the TriplTek 9 Pro states "4K Ready", but the pixels are not provided.
Please can somebody download the CPU-Z app from Google Play and post the same screenshot here for the TriplTek 9 Pro?
Also... please could you explain how smooth 4K/30FPS/H.265 and 4K/30FPS/H.264 is, 8bit or 10bit, or both if you tested it?
thanks

Attachments

• device-T82.png
    device-T82.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 3
Comrade Dmitry, my Tripltek 9 will arrive on Saturday. I expect it will play 4k just fine. I sold my Tripltek 8 so I will be unable to make a direct comparison. However, there are lots of YT comparisons with people who already have both devices and they seem to say the same which is the new 9 handles video playback much better. You have doubts?

Reactions: DmitryGlinka
Comrade Dmitry, my Tripltek 9 will arrive on Saturday. I expect it will play 4k just fine. I sold my Tripltek 8 so I will be unable to make a direct comparison. However, there are lots of YT comparisons with people who already have both devices and they seem to say the same which is the new 9 handles video playback much better. You have doubts?
My TriplTek 8 Pro has a 1600x2560 pixel display (4 Million pixels), known as QHD (short for Quad HD).
My 4K video playback is disappointing. slightly laggy with H.264 videos but terrible with H.265 videos.
I dont have this issue on my other devices with 2K or HD displays, where the downscaling works fine to playback 4K video.

A 4K display is one with at least 8 million active pixels.
The TriplTek 9 Pro display specification says "4K Ready", so I am wondering if this is true 4K or UHD (Ultra HD).
Not sure why TriplTek have not published the actual resolution specification in pixels.
If you would be willing to install the CPU-Z app and check, please let me know.
Thanks comrade

Straight from TriplTek support:- The TRIPLTEK 9 display has a resolution of 2560x1600 and it is equipped with a 4K camera, although the new Hyper-Engine GPU can handle 4K at 60 frames keeping the system at safe temperature ranges all the time.

So, if you are buying the TRIPLTEK 9 Pro and expecting a "4K" or "4K UHD" display, then no. The specification for both 4K and 4K UHD displays is =>8million pixels. Since the TRIPLTEK 9 Pro has the same display as the TriplTek 8 Pro with 2560x1600 (4millon pixels), the display is actually Quad HD or QHD. QHD is often referred to as 2K because it is half of 4K.

So where my TriplTek 8 Pro struggles downscaling 4K video, it still plays 4K video but it is choppy. Also the H.265 encoder is disabled on the TriplTek 8 Pro. The TRIPLTEK 9 Pro however downscales 4K video and plays much smoother.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_