DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Surfing at Oahu's North Shore (Pipeline & Laniakea)

That looks fantastic! I'm going to the Big Island sometime this year and I want to take my drone over the ocean, but the combination of wind, seawater, and helicopters has me nervous. Do you have any tips?

That looks fantastic! I'm going to the Big Island sometime this year and I want to take my drone over the ocean, but the combination of wind, seawater, and helicopters has me nervous. Do you have any tips?
Thanks! Big island will be fun. I would say whatever you're comfortable with. Sea water shouldn't be a problem if you stay high enough to be out of the midst. Definitely keep an eye for helicopters because there are so many tour companies around here. Check for restricted airspace. Mavic 2 is pretty strong but I just dont throw it up past 15 mph winds or so. Hopefully this helps a bit, good luck!

Reactions: rmcpherson
@jboyd23 - Excellent shots and video editing! I love Hawaii for drone flying - unlimited possibilities there. The videos I shot in April 2018 are still some of my favorites. Now I'll be adding yours to my list. Oh... and I loved the music! :)
Thanks so much! Hawaii is amazing and so beautiful. You have a link to your shots too?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan