DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Survey Footage at different heights

pcourtney

Reactions
Had my first flight with a Mavic Pro 2 today, beautiful sunny afternoon in Hertfordshire, England ( 25 miles north of London), when I was driving home I a few things came into my head, and I hope someone can help me answer a few questions

1) if I fly the Mavic to a certain point, when I get there, can I program the C1 button to turn the Mavic due North, and then it automatically does a 360° video slowly, ideally say 60 seconds in a continous circular clockwise sweep

3) can I then press the C2 button to do it again but 5m higher than the least video, and once done if I press the C2 button again it goes up another 5m and so on - that would be simply great for me, but from the instructions I have seen so far about programming C1 and C2 it looks like a lot of trial and error, would anyone have done something similar to this, to help me in my buying decision, and feel that the Mavic is the best choice

thanks in adance everyone

3) can I then press the C2 button to do it again but 5m higher than the last video, and once done if I press the C2 button again it goes up another 5m and so on - that would be simply great for me, but from the instructions I have seen so far about programming C1 and C2 it looks like a lot of trial and error, would anyone have done something similar to this, to help me in my buying decision, and feel that the Mavic is the best choice
Probably not

But you can get good 360° view videos.
I've done it for a number of projects and found the the easiest and best way was to use the orbit function to fly a slow circle with the drone facing the centre rather than trying to rotate at a point.
I also found that with the wideangle lens, it's hard to see any difference if you use 5 metre steps.

thank you for responding, I gues what I want is the opposite of "Point of Interest" mode :)
or as some call it, the opposite of Orbit mode to make it work for me best

thank you for responding, I gues what I want is the opposite of "Point of Interest" mode :)
or as some call it, the opposite of Orbit mode to make it work for me best
I was pointing out that I tried rotating the drone at a point and was unhappy with the results.
But doing a slow POI did the same thing but looks much better.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31