DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Sweet and Sour Skies

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
So my Experience with the Mini 3 Pro has been kind of sour.

Today at 21% battery it started to RTH I than tried to cancel it but it would not let me forcing me to have
to get out of the car , jump over the private fence to get it as it landed thru the trees.

My second flight I was waiting to take off when a car pulled up and started chatting and by the time I got ready to fly, it was shutting down .

The other day after an unlocking and network share it shutdown before I could get it completed.

NOPE not loving this drone , and not happy with how quick it is to Force land.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 3 in the Rain or Force lands on the Water. .

2022-09-18_20h09_38.png.

So my Experience with the Mini 3 Pro has been kind of sour.

Today at 21% battery it started to RTH I than tried to cancel it but it would not let me forcing me to have
to get out of the car , jump over the private fence to get it as it landed thru the trees.

My second flight I was waiting to take off when a car pulled up and started chatting and by the time I got ready to fly, it was shutting down .

The other day after an unlocking and network share it shutdown before I could get it completed.

NOPE not loving this drone , and not happy with how quick it is to Force land.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 3 in the Rain or Force lands on the Water. .

View attachment 154900.
There's always Autel.
Edit: Sorry for the snarky sounding comment. I didn't mean it quite that way.
I haven't had the issues with my Mini 3 that you seem to be having. Perhaps it's because when I ordered the extra batteries, etc I bought the FlyMore + kit with 2 extended batteries. To be honest, when I fly locally my flights are usually just practice missions and relatively short, about 20 minutes or so in the air total. But having those extended life batteries is a blessing from a stress standpoint. Just yesterday I was out flying, showing a friend my new baby drone launched an landed a few times without changing batteries and at the end of the session I still had 64% of the first battery power remaining!

With my Mavic 2 pro and Mini 2 I have set the low battery warning to 20% and don't remember a flight when I didn't get the warning and had to bring them home to change batteries. I never wanted to push it into the single digits like a lot of range tests that I've seen. It always made me nervous when my drone was out there telling me it wanted to start coming back so it wouldn't run out of battery. The Mini 3 with the extended batteries offer a level of emotional comfort that I don't get with my other drones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Never ever cancel a low battery RTH, unless you fly yourself directly home. You see, your drone calculates the safe flying time based on remaining battery, distance and flying time. Its a good way to have to use "find my drone".

Reactions: danwnz
Probably a pano.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn