DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sydney opera house & harbour bridge

Freddy1986

Reactions
Hi Pilots, here is my mavic pro video of Sydney! Comments and suggestions are always welcome! Thank you in advance.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA. Nice video, I was under the impression it was illegal to fly anywhere near and around the Sydney Opera House, is it not? Beautiful footage!

Reactions: AnzacJack
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA. Nice video, I was under the impression it was illegal to fly anywhere near and around the Sydney Opera House, is it not? Beautiful footage!
Most definately an illegal flight and the reason why next year every drone operator will be needing to be licenced.
Irresponible flights like this are a nail in the coffin for our hobby.
Thanks Bud.

Report unsafe drone operations

Reactions: Malcx and bushie
Poor choice of location Freddy.

Most definately an illegal flight and the reason why next year every drone operator will be needing to be licenced.
Irresponible flights like this are a nail in the coffin for our hobby.
Thanks Bud.

Report unsafe drone operations
You don’t know this was definately an illegal flight. I did a very similar flight, at night a couple of months ago. I applied through casa to this under a ReOc and the process was very easy. Don’t be so quick to jump on the OP without facts. The reason I never posted some of the amazing shots I got that evening was because I knew everyone would jump on the band wagon and I’d have to end up explaining myself to people I don’t know nor really care about.
CASA is inundated with reports from the link you posted and it sucks up a huge amount of recourses as most people just report with no evidence of the flights planning. ( they do issue many fines, but most are are not actionable)

So my first response to this would be to ask OP about this flight before accusations. A huge amount of unsubstantiated accusations and reporting are also adding to those coffin nails.

This may well be an illegal flight, and my gut tells me it is because of some of the positions of the drone, but I’m not going to claiming that “this is definately illegal, and I’m going to report it”

Last edited:
You don’t know this was definately an illegal flight. I did a very similar flight, at night a couple of months ago. I applied through casa to this under a ReOc and the process was very easy. Don’t be so quick to jump on the OP without facts. The reason I never posted some of the amazing shots I got that evening was because I knew everyone would jump on the band wagon and I’d have to end up explaining myself to people I don’t know nor really care about.
CASA is inundated with reports from the link you posted and it sucks up a huge amount of recourses as most people just report with no evidence of the flights planning. ( they do issue many fines, but most are are not actionable)

So my first response to this would be to ask OP about this flight before accusations. A huge amount of unsubstantiated accusations and reporting are also adding to those coffin nails.

This may well be an illegal flight, and my gut tells me it is because of some of the positions of the drone, but I’m not going to claiming that “this is definately illegal, and I’m going to report it”
Pilots in the US conducting a legal flight under an FAA waiver will normally qualify their video stating it was done under the waiver, the OP did not, that was the first red flag for me. That is why I posed the question if it was legal, I was hoping the OP would look into it himself if he didn't know.

Reactions: AnzacJack
Your statement was fine. It was another that made the statement that it was definately illegal and was being reported.
We should ask the questions here and give guidance, but should be wary of making flat out accusations without first asking questions first.
I’m sure it is an illegal flight, but would like to give the OP an opportunity to respond before reporting

It was flown with a mavic. Tons of rules broken in the flight. No way was that under a REOC. And now the video has been taken down.Thats why I commented.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje