DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

System Failure upon start

Ziba

Reactions
When I tried to fly today something strange happened. The Mavic fired up but when I tried to launch using the controller it flashed a system failure. So did the app.on the phone. I turned everything off and then on again but got the same message - and both times the rotors wouldn't engage. I got a brief message that an airport was nearby but it flashed on the screen briefly and then disappeared.

This was in the Columbia River Gorge east of Portland. I was in a Class G airspace with an overriding E at 700ft. Both the DJI app and Airmap said I was ok. I then checked the charts and there was a private dirt strip listed five miles away, 3000 feet up and out of the gorge. But the FAA changed the rules on dirt strips sometime ago and I can't imagine how that would affect anything.

When I got home I downloaded the logs (which took a little time) then went to Airdata.com and uploaded them. However, Airdata says that there is no data.

How would I analyze what happened? Don't know if it's the drone or if a geofencing issue occurred.

Should I try some other way to look at the logs?

Thanks.

Which logs did you download? There won't be any txt logs - those only start on motor start. There should be DAT files on your mobile device, and those will likely explain what happened.
Thanks.

Apparently I'll never know what happened. I spoke to both DJI and an authorized repair center and no one takes and reads just the logs - they want to whole drone.

I took it outside this morning and it worked like a charm. Don't know if it got "confused" trying to acquire GPS signals or if local magnetic interference, or both, contributed to the "system failure."

Thanks.

Apparently I'll never know what happened. I spoke to both DJI and an authorized repair center and no one takes and reads just the logs - they want to whole drone.

I took it outside this morning and it worked like a charm. Don't know if it got "confused" trying to acquire GPS signals or if local magnetic interference, or both, contributed to the "system failure."

This forum will take the logs and diagnose them - if you want to investigate further.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760