DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet for a monitor

Can you share what you had to do to get the DJIGo 4 app to work on your Fire 8". What limitations have you found? When you fly, are you connected via wifi to another device to tether an internet connection or are you pre-loading/caching maps? How is the brightness?

Hello dadsf2brats,
First you need to download these APK's (APP Package) from 'apkmirror.com' onto your PC. Then connect the Amazon Fire and drag the files onto the tablet, think onto SD Card best. Open your file explorer on the tablet and find the APK's and click on in the correct order to install. Once they're all installed the Google Play Store will show on the home screen. Once you've signed in you'll be able to download any Google App you want. If you download the 'Nova Launcher Prime' from the Play Store you can also make the Amazon Tablet look and work similar to an Android Tablet. I uninstalled or disabled all the Amazon Apps I could and just use the Tablet for my Drones and Drone related Apps. I use this tablet in the normal way with DJI Phantom 3A, Mavic Air and the Parrot DISCO with no problem and the battery on the Fire 8" is long lasting. The brightness is very good and I use a modified sun shade which works very well. Hope this helps - I would highly recommend the Amazon Fire 8".

APK's:
1.com.google.android.gsf.login_5.1-1743759-22_minAPI21(nodpi)_apkmirror.com
2.com.google.android.gsf_5.1-1743759-22_minAPI22(nodpi)_apkmirror.com
3.com.google.android.gms_11.5.09_(230-164803921)-11509230_minAPI21(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com
4.com.android.vending_8.3.41.U-all_0_FP_170066753-80834100_minAPI14(armeabi-v7a)(240,320,480dpi)_apkmirror.com

I use an Mini 4 for for my monitor but it is also my everyday Ipad. May get a new Ipad and the mini as my dedicated monitor. Had no Issues with using my Mini for a monitor. Especially after I discovered that I could plug the regular cord into the bottom of the controller and it would work.

Reactions: crosswired
I use an Mini 4 for for my monitor but it is also my everyday Ipad. May get a new Ipad and the mini as my dedicated monitor. Had no Issues with using my Mini for a monitor. Especially after I discovered that I could plug the regular cord into the bottom of the controller and it would work.

Also, the mini will fit in the MA RC arms.

Reactions: crosswired
It's good that it fits into ALL the DJI controller arms, very handy for a quick flight, and no need to set up the larger mounts.

yup, valid points
for quick flying using my Samsung Note 8 (fits into controller with its case), otherwise regular iPad with click-on controller mount (already set and kept in drones backpack :) )

I'm looking for a tablet with stylus capability to plan Litchi missions from wherever I go, at anytime, without needing to plan a mission at home on the pc. Are all tablets stylus compatible with the stylus? I would need gps too I think.

Any tablet that ru
I'm looking for a tablet with stylus capability to plan Litchi missions from wherever I go, at anytime, without needing to plan a mission at home on the pc. Are all tablets stylus compatible with the stylus? I would need gps too I think.
Any tablet capable of running Litchi will do that job, however not every stylus is the same.
If you want maps you need to either cache them beforehand or you need an internet connection at the spot.
iPads without cellular do not have a build-in GPS-receiver, All litchi compatible android tablets do.

Last edited:
Reactions: bronze661
Any tablet that ru

Any tablet capable of running Litchi will do that job, however not every stylus is the same.
If you want maps you need to either cache them beforehand or you need an internet connection at the spot.
iPads without cellular do not have a build-in GPS-receiver, All android tablets do.
Is that right? I'm pretty sure that my latest gen ipad with wifi only got gps built in

Also no problems when you are filming with the drone? With my tab s 10.5 ir becomes laggy. With the dji go its horrible. Go 4 is better

DJI Go 4 is designed and developed (no matter how much they tell you not ...) to be used 100% in an IOS environment ... (and despite the fact that the new Smart controller comes with Android) and within the tablets IOS .... the most recommended is iPad MINI (2019).
I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A Tablet, running two programs at once, DJI Go 4 and a screen recorder ... and without any problem.
That if ... with Android you will have an RC controller with a shorter life (in Android you cannot turn off the power bank function and some functions do not have the same benefits as with IOS)
You can see all the specifications in this link Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N