Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Tablet for a monitor

fitzy

Reaction score
Hi all I am new here and I think that this question has been asked before so here's the question I'm using a android phone as the monitor for my mavic air and I find it is a bit small and I have been offered three tablets one is a acer iconia B1-770 16gb and the other one is a Samsung galaxy tab 4 and a Samsung tab A. I'm just wondering which one is the best option for me to use on the mavic air. Thanks a million for your help on this

Reactions: JimJ and mereflyer

Viking

Reaction score
Hi all I am new here and I think that this question has been asked before so here's the question I'm using a android phone as the monitor for my mavic air and I find it is a bit small and I have been offered three tablets one is a acer iconia B1-770 16gb and the other one is a Samsung galaxy tab 4 and a Samsung tab A. I'm just wondering which one is the best option for me to use on the mavic air. Thanks a million for your help on this
Apple IPad mini 4. (You asked for the best)😉

Viking

Reaction score
Is it just the ipad mini 4 that works for the mavic air or are there any other ipads that are working with it
Apple is preferable because there are less problems with freezing or crashes in the app.

ZX14-R

Reaction score
Brisbane (Northside), Queensland Australia
Galaxy Tab A is not a bad option.

brett8883

Reaction score
Honestly those are all very low powered devices. I don't think any of those will offer a very good experience. DJI Go 4 is resource intensive application and continues to get more resource intensive as time goes on.

I bought a Galaxy Tab A a few months back and I about threw in into a lake it was so worthless. Maybe somebody out there has figured out some way to get it to work on to their level of satisfaction on theirs but coming from using an iPhone 8 I just couldn't handle it. Ruined the experience for me.

zenfly 2

Reaction score
I couldn't find a single report with anyone unhappy with an ipad4 so I bought one.

Reactions: dsmith76

Bill combs

Reaction score
i use a note 9 and a ipad 6 gen with a sunshade and have had zero issues.

Jazzman

Reaction score
When I did research on this forum and elsewhere last year for a good monitor (other than my phone) everything pointed to the Ipad Mini 4. I purchased that and haven't looked back. It's a good fit.

nafisgal

Reaction score
DJI Go 4 is designed and developed (no matter how much they tell you not ...) to be used 100% in an IOS environment ... (and despite the fact that the new Smart controller comes with Android) and within the tablets IOS .... the most recommended is iPad MINI (2019).
I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A Tablet, running two programs at once, DJI Go 4 and a screen recorder ... and without any problem.
That if ... with Android you will have an RC controller with a shorter life (in Android you cannot turn off the power bank function and some functions do not have the same benefits as with IOS)
You can see all the specifications in this link Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Mavic Air 1
B Mavic Air 32
RTI Glen General Discussions 2
marklyn Mavic 2 Pro 13
AirBear Mavic Pro Help 24

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDriftKing74