DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet for a monitor

fitzy

Reactions
Hi all I am new here and I think that this question has been asked before so here's the question I'm using a android phone as the monitor for my mavic air and I find it is a bit small and I have been offered three tablets one is a acer iconia B1-770 16gb and the other one is a Samsung galaxy tab 4 and a Samsung tab A. I'm just wondering which one is the best option for me to use on the mavic air. Thanks a million for your help on this

Reactions: JimJ and mereflyer
Hi all I am new here and I think that this question has been asked before so here's the question I'm using a android phone as the monitor for my mavic air and I find it is a bit small and I have been offered three tablets one is a acer iconia B1-770 16gb and the other one is a Samsung galaxy tab 4 and a Samsung tab A. I'm just wondering which one is the best option for me to use on the mavic air. Thanks a million for your help on this
Apple IPad mini 4. (You asked for the best)?

Galaxy Tab A is not a bad option.

Honestly those are all very low powered devices. I don't think any of those will offer a very good experience. DJI Go 4 is resource intensive application and continues to get more resource intensive as time goes on.

I bought a Galaxy Tab A a few months back and I about threw in into a lake it was so worthless. Maybe somebody out there has figured out some way to get it to work on to their level of satisfaction on theirs but coming from using an iPhone 8 I just couldn't handle it. Ruined the experience for me.

I couldn't find a single report with anyone unhappy with an ipad4 so I bought one.

Reactions: dsmith76
DJI Go 4 is designed and developed (no matter how much they tell you not ...) to be used 100% in an IOS environment ... (and despite the fact that the new Smart controller comes with Android) and within the tablets IOS .... the most recommended is iPad MINI (2019).
I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A Tablet, running two programs at once, DJI Go 4 and a screen recorder ... and without any problem.
That if ... with Android you will have an RC controller with a shorter life (in Android you cannot turn off the power bank function and some functions do not have the same benefits as with IOS)
You can see all the specifications in this link Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54