DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet Holder for Mavic 2 Controller

So you probably get this question a lot. From the photos it looks like an iPad mounted in the Lift-Thor *might* interfere with the antennas. Is there a way to avoid that?

Actually, they dont interfere/block - unless you are referring to straight up. If you're flying straight above your head, the distance from you and the drone would not exceed 400ft (legally) or in "worst case" 1500ft.

My belief is that most pilots fly facing the drone direction. In that direction there is nothing blocking the antennas.
In the opposite direction your body is the "blocker".
The tablets are mounted fairly high on the holder.

Several of our users have maxed out the corresponding range (FCC / CE) using our products, and noone has ever reported back differently. Ever. Cross my heart.

Attached is a picture showing our most sold model, LifThor Sif Standard, from the back. As you see the antennas are not blocked. Hence, no signal loss. Sif Std 2.jpg

Mavmount and Liftthor dont seem to be on international Amazon which makes them slow or not worth the effort for most of the world sadly.

I placed my order for the LifThor iPad mount on Monday, morning, 9/03 (Norway time) and it had cleared customs in Los Angeles by mid-day on Tuesday 9/04. It is scheduled to be delivered on Thursday. Very prompt service from LifThor and DHL. No state sales tax when ordering from Norway.

I exchanged DM's with members here that are already using the LifThor mount and are very happy with it. They mentioned that being able to view the RC was a big plus.

Tore was very helpful via online chat and he helped me to finalize what I wanted to order.

Reactions: GrigoriosT
Just a thought, I have both of the mounts you are talking about. The only two worth spending money on. Use them both. But I had a bit of problem with MavMount a while back with it. I tried using it as is for a while. I notice it at first and tried like hell to ignore it the problem I was having, The ball joint I was not crazy about and got to me for sure. So I took MavMount ball joint off and replace it with my own. Never had that problem of the spinning screen again. There is still one last thing I have not seen maybe I just could not find it. The Little brass press on threads for the mount. which for me slowly comes out a little at a time. every time you tighten it again it just pulls it our a little more until .it came out altogether. gluing does nothing. when you try to tighten it again. So I tried other tablet holders. I just sent the photo to him so maybe he can do something down the road. A blind nut with a little backing lip will do the trick. As you can see I have replaced just a few.I'll be changing it to the blind nut when my new one comes in. I am not trying to talk down on this item in any way. Great stuff I just found something that works for me and it might be to your liking. Hell, I pay the price just for the milling work for the plate. And I do.! ThumbswayupMavMount

Attachments

• file-10.jpeg
    file-10.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
  • mmount1.jpg
    mmount1.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 91
  • mmount2.jpg
    mmount2.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 86
  • mmount3.jpg
    mmount3.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 102
  • blind nut.jpg
    blind nut.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 97
  • s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 93
  • file-13s.jpg
    file-13s.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 101
  • file-14s.jpg
    file-14s.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Larry Gibson
"The Little brass press on threads for the mount. which for me slowly comes out a little at a time. every time you tighten it again it just pulls it our a little more until .it came out altogether. gluing does nothing. when you try to tighten it again. So I tried other tablet holders."

Are you using the LifThor tablet clamp with the MavMount?

I am sure that Mavmount is not manufacturing the tablet clamp that the threaded bushing or insert is pulling out of. If Mavmount is buying enough of these tablet clamps they may be able to get the manufacturer to step up their game and fix the problem or find another supplier.

Hi tree top flyer, I am sure he will get it right. when people tells him about the little bugs. But until then, I do have all of the Lifthor mounts right from his first. I lived and had another business in Norway for 4 years. That is where he is. That is GOD country for flying anything. Talk about being anf feeling small. When in the Arctic circle, you feel like you are the only person on earth. AND THE GOLDEN HOURS EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT LAST FOR 6 MONTHS! Thor Holder has a hold different feel to it. I like to make my own stuff and I have made many. But when someone else has all the RIGHT tools you don't have. you can only do your best. That mount you see came off eBay for $12. I like to fly in many ways. It all about comfort but mostly I feel I have better control of the craft. I change my whole way of thing with this incredible drone. I have been into RC for well over 40 years. I still have all my builds. All those years, Never have I sit to fly my helicopters or any of my fast boat. Sadly I have put all my big toys away. those days. the bigger it was, the more you can see it away from you. Most of my RC stuff is 1/8 scale. You needed a truck to carry all the stuff. My starter for the boat was bigger then the new Mavic and just the fuel can be 2 x the size of the full fly more package. So here all my big toys sit. But I fly this thing 2 times a day. And that is on an of day. You young guys will never know how in the past. all the money people spend on their hobby only to come home with bags of balsa wood and radio parts mixed with mud and dirt and grass. It did not take one long before one learns to fly using the wind. With such tech now size means nothing. The images from the craft could be from a 747. The photo of the chair was how it all start of all my changes. I mounted a tablet holder from eBay cut off the clamp for the table and riveted it to the Horber Fright folding chair. And found, I no longer had to hold anything but the controller! no mount and no screen. You think I would be happy, NO! I found even a better way to fly. No Hot Sun, No need for sun hood, No hats, No sunglasses, No people, No bug spray. I fly out of the top of my car 90% of the time. with one of my DIY amped case. I built 3 in different sizes for my needs. And one of the units is always in the car. and I take off and land on the roof on my car. Sorry to say the new M2P is so far off at this point. No way in hell would I ever try a RTH. My new find is night flying and I love it. With the new M2 pro I can see forever!. I fly from my house and land on my DIY landing pad with lights. So with that said one has to trust their own flying skill, not the tech. I also use the DJI goggles,, just too bad not for long due to the weight. I can use one or two batteries at most. But again even that it's better sitting on the chair. There is always another way my friend. Only if you look for it. and don't except the standard.

Happy & Safe Flying

Attachments

• file-8.jpeg
    file-8.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 68
  • file-10.jpeg
    file-10.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • file2.jpeg
    file2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • file-5[7496].jpeg
    file-5[7496].jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • DJI_0215.JPG
    DJI_0215.JPG
    410.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 20180318_010347088_iOS.jpg
    20180318_010347088_iOS.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 75
  • file1-2.jpeg
    file1-2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Just a word of warning, ive just tested the FStop Labs holder (
Fstop Labs 2018 Edition Dji Mavic Pro Platinum, Spark Accessories, Remote Controller Device Holder, Foldable 4-10 Inch Phone Tablet Extended Mount + Neck Strap )
for the Mavic Pro. It does NOT fit the Mavic 2 remote. The M2 remote is a few mm longer and thicker which is just enough to prevent the locking catch from closing. (It fits the Mavic 1 remote fine).

The tiny change in shape and size means this one wont work.

Reactions: charliesRig
Just a word of warning, ive just tested the FStop Labs holder (
Fstop Labs 2018 Edition Dji Mavic Pro Platinum, Spark Accessories, Remote Controller Device Holder, Foldable 4-10 Inch Phone Tablet Extended Mount + Neck Strap )
for the Mavic Pro. It does NOT fit the Mavic 2 remote. The M2 remote is a few mm longer and thicker which is just enough to prevent the locking catch from closing. (It fits the Mavic 1 remote fine).

The tiny change in shape and size means this one wont work.

Thanks for the info, BUT!
Like I said I like to make things. I have already shaved off what was needed from the model 2 to fit the M2Pro. But for the hell of it, I just order a gray one 3.0 to match the new Mavic 2 pro.

I am sorry I misunderstood. I am not familiar with that holder. fstop labs device holder. I learn something new every day. Do you have a link to it so I can see what it looks like? Always looking for new ideas.

Never mind. I find it. That was the very first holder I got. I did not know it had a name everyone was selling it. it's ok. I think it's too short. The screen should be feather away from your hands. but, it's better than nothing.
I have not looked at that for 3 years. I just tried it with the mavic2. May I suggest something? Try installing it backward. That will work, Here is a photo and you can see both screens which are what some people want.

Attachments

• file-12s.jpg
    file-12s.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 76
  • file-13.jpeg
    file-13.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 87
  • file1-2 - Copy.jpeg
    file1-2 - Copy.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
  • file-17.jpeg
    file-17.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
We (LifThor) do ship worldwide with DHL Express, usually same day or next day depending on time of the order, and most orders are delivered within 1-3 days worldwide (USA / North America, all of Europe). The only exception is Australia, which takes about 5 days.
We sell on many places, including several Amazon channels, Ebay, Etsy, but mainly through our retailers around the world and from our own webshop (thorsdroneworld).

Hope that clarifies the LifThor position concerning delivery.

Thanks

Tore Kvittem (Thor)

Are you able to attach a shade to the iPad when using your mount? Do you ship to Honolulu, Hawaii 96825.

I settled on Freewell's new Mavic 2 mount for only $24

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D13HQFG/

DJI MAVIC 2 TABLET MOUNT LITE - FREEWELL GEAR

I really like it, esp for only $24. Inexpensive, Aluminum and light weight unlike some others being discussed. I wanted to try this before dropping 3x+ the cost on something else.

Its similar to MavMount but a fraction of the cost and the table mount seems very sturdy and strong clamp and adjustable to fit various sizes (unlike MavMount).

I also wanted the option to adjust it to be able to see the control screen and controls with my iPad mini which I can. I haven't tried it with my iPad pro 10.5 yet. Though it will fit and the way I have it adjusted you will also still be able to view the controls and screen if desired.

Hope this helps someone.

I'm looking to buy a tablet holder for my iPad and trying to see which ones people like. I assume anything that worked with the first Mavic would work just as well with the Mavic 2. The controllers only look slightly different. Some of the ones I've seen on YouTube look kind of flimsy and a few don't seem to hold the tablet that securely. MavMount 3.0 looks pretty solid. Some favorites?
MavMount 3 is great!

I'm looking to buy a tablet holder for my iPad and trying to see which ones people like. I assume anything that worked with the first Mavic would work just as well with the Mavic 2. The controllers only look slightly different. Some of the ones I've seen on YouTube look kind of flimsy and a few don't seem to hold the tablet that securely. MavMount 3.0 looks pretty solid. Some favorites?
Contact Rick from Drone Valley. He sold me a great one for my Platinum. He’s very good with customer service too.

Actually i can vouch for that, came to me within 48hrs. Although DHL seem confused about to pay. Nothing on website or from the delivery guy but automated SMS saying there is

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak