DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet instead of iPhone

ptim

Reactions
I hope to be getting a Mini 2 very soon, but I’d like to use a tablet instead of my iPhone, (I want a bigger screen), does the tablet have to be connected to a network, in order for me to use it with the mini 2, or will GPS and WIFI be sufficient, on the tablet.

Also, any tablet recommendations.

Thanks in Advance.

WELCOME to the forum :)

The tablet does not need to be connected to the network for flying etc. Many of us use non-Cellular tablets.

If you do need to connect (to download/update maps etc) you can use the HotSpot feature on your phone to tether the tablet and get internet access.

Reactions: GFields
I used my Galaxy S7 phone at first, but then graduated to a tablet. One I tried was an off brand Android which I found was not able to connect. I then bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite. It works like a charm and the screen it just right, a bit smaller that the non-Lite version. The trick is to get a tablet that has a processor that is 64 bit. That is the key to be able to run DJI Fly. Compass and GPS work just fine. I don't connect with too many satellites, but I get by.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

I use an old iPad Min 3, DJI approve the Mini 4 so you have a big choice.
You do NOT need a large, expensive adapter to make the Tablet attach to the controller, mine was about £4 from a 3D printer!
The Tripltek is very expensive and very HEAVY, many people needing shoulder straps to support the weight.

IMG_0152.jpg

This is this adapter in use with an 8" tablet - very neat and light!

IMG_9578.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78