DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet issues

Hdhrm268

Reactions
Can anyone give me a fix as to how I can get my controller & galaxy Tab A to talk to each other via the USB port?

What AC do you have? A Mavic?, use a known good data cable to connect to the bottom USB port of the controller, and then to the data/charging port of your tablet.
And I am assuming you have the DJI go4 app loaded on your tablet?

What AC do you have? A Mavic?, use a known good data cable to connect to the bottom USB port of the controller, and then to the data/charging port of your tablet.
And I am assuming you have the DJI go4 app loaded on your tablet?
Yes: Mavic Pro and tried 3 or 4 different cables. Connected my Galaxy s10+ phone through the USB port and it worked, so the problem is not on the controller

It might be the tablet. Do a search I think one consistently works, gotta be the model# something like SM-T590 or SM-T290??? Pretty sure you can find it pretty quick.

It might be the tablet. Do a search I think one consistently works, gotta be the model# something like SM-T590 or SM-T290??? Pretty sure you can find it pretty quick.
I spoke to DJI online chat and they pretty much said "you're screwed", we don't support Galaxy Tab A. I was a bit miffed s it supports my samsung S10+ phone and you would think that after all this time they would have a fix for Android tablets?

I spoke to DJI online chat and they pretty much said "you're screwed", we don't support Galaxy Tab A.
There are many tablets and phones that connect just fine that are not 'officially' supported by DJI.

and you would think that after all this time they would have a fix for Android tablets?
It's not a problem that DJI can fix, nor an 'Android tablet problem'... it's a well-known well-documented problem with certain Samsung devices and the way Samsung configures the USB port.

Spend some time researching this site with the Search function and you can find the answer to your problem... or not?

BTW, the first step is to turn on Developer Options so you can control how the USB port acts when a device is plugged in.

Reactions: charliej
Wait a min. There are 2 types of cables: 1)Data enabled 2) Power only. Hook up to your computer and verify that the computer sees your tablet as a device. If not, you need a data cable. Also, I am reminded that you do need to turn on developer options.

Last edited:
I use a tab A and it works perfectly. If I remember correctly though, there's a setting for the USB port that has to be enabled.

I use a tab A and it works perfectly. If I remember correctly though, there's a setting for the USB port that has to be enabled.
I'm also using TabA (SM-T510)without issue. Connect controller to tablet, powerup the controller & start the GO4 app if it doesn't autostart. If it doesn't connect go into the tablet settings menu &check the status of the USB connection mode. As suggested earlier, have you verified that you can connect your tablet a computer via USB?

Reactions: charliej
I use a Tab A (SM-T580) with the USB cable supplied with the tablet. Connects without problem to the Mavic Pro controller. I didn't need to change any settings on my tablet. If you have a different model Tab A you may need to enable the USB port.
As suggested connect the tablet to your PC or laptop and check it is recognised as a USB device, which will confirm if the cable is the problem.
Good luck and hope you get connected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan