DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablets vs phones

gav

Reactions
Just wondering what size screen to use as its a bit of a stuff around and hard to see using my Samsung a5 phone. I have seen some using large tablets but I tend to think would be a bit bulky. Can you get smaller? If so what are they called? Don't wanna spend big bucks just want a bigger screen than the phone. cheers. I have the mavic pro.

Just wondering what size screen to use as its a bit of a stuff around and hard to see using my Samsung a5 phone. I have seen some using large tablets but I tend to think would be a bit bulky. Can you get smaller? If so what are they called? Don't wanna spend big bucks just want a bigger screen than the phone. cheers. I have the mavic pro.
It's a personal choice.
Some go with the bigger-mus- be-better philosophy and put up with the bulk and weight.
But others appreciate the smaller 8 inch tablets which have good screen real estate and a more manageable size.

Reactions: Shon and Andy.
I'm looking to make or buy a tablet holder for my Nvidia Shield K1 tablet. It is an 8" tablet. The screen on the my phone is a little crowded. Also small screen and big fingers isn't a good combo.

Reactions: jag32266
After using my Note 8, I opted for a bigger screen as well. For less than $150.00 I picked up a Lenovo Tab 4 8. So far, no issues. Screen is big enough to see even in the sun, but not so big that it is a weight or bulk issue with the remote. After a couple of flights, it felt as natural as the remote/phone combination.

Ok so if I was to use a 8" screen how does it fit with the hand controller?

8 Inch I think is the perfect size. Travels easy, you can pick up good refurbs under 150. I have a Samsung s2 and am very happy with it. GET a mavmount, very nice! Center weights nicely on the controller and you can still see the RC screen.

After using my Note 8, I opted for a bigger screen as well. For less than $150.00 I picked up a Lenovo Tab 4 8. So far, no issues. Screen is big enough to see even in the sun, but not so big that it is a weight or bulk issue with the remote. After a couple of flights, it felt as natural as the remote/phone combination.

I just picked up the Lenovo Tab 4 10 in. for $149 on sale from Best Buy. Works great but hard to see in bright sunlight. I was using my Galaxy S7 but I couldn't see squat, for these old eyes a 10 in really fits the bill.

Ok so if I was to use a 8" screen how does it fit with the hand controller?
You would need a tablet mount for the controller. I also recommend if you go this route that you have a cable long enough to connect the tablet to the USB port on the lower front of the controller. It will work connecting to the top left port without issue. However, because the top connector is the only way to charge the controller and I feel the top port is weak in design already and I'm not interested in adding any more plug cycles than necessary.

Reactions: NAVMAV and jag32266
On this matter- I use an 8in Tab as well and find it perfect tho I would llike to upgrade to a newer model.

Any idea as to HOW LONG it takes to vet a new display once issued to the market. I speak squarely to the new Kindle offered as of 9/6/18. Real decent price, appears to have the horse power/battery life. How would it work with the DJIGo4 app?? Decent display?

Brightness isn't a big concern as I homemade a hood for the screen out of foam art that works very well with my MavMount. Anyone??

I've got a galaxy tab 3 8.0" as well. . But I need to make a sunshade because although it works great for running its not super bright.

I went with the Ipad Pro my suasage fingers made it difficult to get to some menus and such not to mention the Ipads battery lasts my entire outting unlike my iphone X .

I found the ipad mini 4 fits well with the clamps spread almost to the max. But the cable (standard apple cable) protruded out where I hold the controller. I thought about getting a right angle plug but worried about quality and possible dropped connection. So I decided on a mavmount with an anker 1 foot cable. Although the mavmount doesn't pack well (because I leave the ball head angle fixed to minimise setup time) I like having the bigger brighter display closer to my ageing eyes. I don't miss not being able to see the LCD on the controller as I only looked when app connection failed. Since moving from android to apple app I haven't add a disconnect or app crash.

I’m using one of these, just can’t find a sun screen big enough to fit it at the mo......:p

Attachments

• A67F0524-A7F7-4122-831A-60753DFB60AB.jpeg
    A67F0524-A7F7-4122-831A-60753DFB60AB.jpeg
    541.2 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: bronze661
It's a personal choice.
Some go with the bigger-mus- be-better philosophy and put up with the bulk and weight.
But others appreciate the smaller 8 inch tablets which have good screen real estate and a more manageable size.
Haha, love the unbiased opinion.
But he is right, it’s all personal choice more than one being better than another

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk