DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Takeoff error check propellers and motors.

D

Deleted member 109911

Any suggestions I checked out the turn on then off front left not as strong as rest. No binding?

Is this your first flight with it? Even though motor turns freely, inspect it carefully to be sure there's no debris in there. Wiggle motor outer armature in relation to arm (one of mine was loose - though I don't think this would cause your problem).

May not help, can't hurt, you might go through all the calibrations just to see.

Is this your first flight with it? Even though motor turns freely, inspect it carefully to be sure there's no debris in there. Wiggle motor outer armature in relation to arm (one of mine was loose - though I don't think this would cause your problem).

May not help, can't hurt, you might go through all the calibrations just to see.
Calibrations aren’t a cure all, as many suspect.

Calibrations aren’t a cure all, as many suspect.
Agree for sure, but there's an old basic troubleshooting rule they taught us in Navy Electronics Tech School - - "Check the easy stuff first". That, even though the easy stuff may not necessarily be the most likely cause. Course there were other troubleshooting rules too, like when all else fails, over the side for the "flotation test". :)

I'm getting the same error notice on a MPP in for repair. When the drone 1st came in all motors would start and the drone would fly. I replaced the gimbal (the reason it came in), then when I tried to start it, it flipped over, so I tried again, flipped over again. It then had this "Takeoff error check propellers and motors". So I checked and found the right front motor had picked up a screw from my repair bench (my bad for not using the motor covers). I removed the screw and now all 4 motors are free spinning, they all twitch on startup, but both front motors won't turn on take-off and I get this error. No other errors are present. I have updated the firmware to 0500, restore to factory settings and completed all calibrations, but front motors won't start on take-off!

Any help would be appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60