DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Takin off no fly zone

Have u tried using Lichi ? Try get an older version of the app. Had a similar issue in South West Africa. Would not allow take off in Windhoek on DJI app due to NFZ. Started Lichi.... Off I went

I tried Iitchi I got excited as there was an option to shut off CEO fence. But when I tried it still did the same thing. There goes a quick 25 more lol

Looks like the map was updated. The TFZ is still there but now it's green and staten island is just outside the circle. Will find out later.

Looks like the map was updated. The TFZ is still there but now it's green and staten island is just outside the circle. Will find out later.

Anyone else back up and running? The map update seems to have done it. As someone else suggested he did have to turn off all the other authorizations and just leave on the one zone he's actually in. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks for trying but we've done all that. Nothing comes up in the app. We've done it through the flight planner and its accepted and listed in the app afterwards but still will not allow it to take off

I am using my iPhone reading this thread with out my glasses so excuse me if so missed this... the unlock is only for a 24 hour period I believe. You have to unlock each time you fly if it is over a 24 hour or 48 hour timeframe.

I am in Paris france and I can take of and fly in a NFZ eaven without permission, what I got only is a warning "your in a NFZ" :D
Maybe if you disable GPS and fly in Atti mode, it'll be ok,
take a look to this video to see how to disable GPS with aluminium:

Reactions: CoolBreeze
Always enjoy your instructional videos, educational, effective and efficient. Well done. Impart your videos helped my drone buying decision.

That being said...I won't soon be wrapping my Mavic in aluminum. But good to know, dji Mavic Pro drone control could be foiled if industry anarchy occurs :cool:.

Sold my mavic tired of all this. Didn't pay €1500 for a 'toy' to tell me when and where it will fly.

I'd like to simply be held responsible but not restricted like this, especially not suddenly AFTER buying the drone. It's supposed to be fun and relaxing, not frustrating & disappointing just because of some idiots.

The Mavic is great but I'm gonna wait until DJI has figured out the sweet spot.

Reactions: JD4x4
I live in a yellow zone. I don't have to deal with NFZ's any more, but before I returned my drone to original factory condition (smiley face) I used to try to start the motors with the sticks, the motors wouldn't start, but a message would pop up asking if I wanted to unlock the zone. A couple more steps and it would say that it was unlocked. Then the motors would start.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143