DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking Off From an All Steel Ship

You did not directly quote me, That is a Lie. No one is going to Respect you for making nonsense up.

THIS IS WHAT I SAID : The Lunar Pad offer 2 inches of insulation which has allowed me to launch from the top and hood of my car which is something I could not do if I just put the drone on top of the Car itself.

This is why I said it.

Yes i directly quote. 2 inches of insulation.
Which is an outright lie. You cant insulate from magnetic fields in that way. You misled, most likely deliberately to sell some snakeoil. He'd be just as well off saving money and using his arms to hold the drone. Will work just as well, if not better.

OK you 2 stop with the back and forth, let this get back on topic .
Thanks..

Reactions: JAW
Well, as it turns out the boat's upper deck was wood so there was no problem, at least not magnetically. However, what I failed to properly account for was drift. One one occasion the boat drifted, albeit slowly, towards a NFZ near JFK, probably Class B airspace. Fortunately, I landed quickly. Had the boat drifted into that area, I think I would have been GeoFenced from landing.

Wow. This! Holy cow, could you imagine? Especially not realizing, and ignoring a couple battery low RTH warnings?!

The more distance you can get between any metal structure, the lower the strength of any potentially interfering magnetic field ... it's a 1/r relationship, where 'r' is the distance. To maximize that distance, you would have to hand launch/catch.

Here's another solution you can think about ... just make sure you have a good set of gloves, to "insulate" your hands from four rotating machines: The Arris Raptor landing skids for M2P and M2Z are available now! (Great for hand landing)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman