Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Telford Wrekin - is it okay?

Mr Banks

Reaction score
anyone familiar with the Wrekin in Telford , Shropshire. Is it safe to fly in this area? More specifically , would the telecommunications mast on top of it cause any likely interference to my mavic air.?

Here is tech info about the mast

The Wrekin transmitting station - Wikipedia

SteveBG

Reaction score
Get the NATS Drone Assist app. It’s an official thing but surprisingly helpful - and shows the timings of a military flypast in that area this weekend :)

Mr Banks

Reaction score
Get the NATS Drone Assist app. It’s an official thing but surprisingly helpful - and shows the timings of a military flypast in that area this weekend :)
Thanks. Its generally listed as place fine to fly at on DroneAssiist (in terms of NFZ) But outisde of general no fly times, is there beiing a massive radio/TV mast on the hill going to cause nay probs with functionality of Mavic Air?

SteveBG

Reaction score
Thanks. Its generally listed as place fine to fly at on DroneAssiist (in terms of NFZ) But outisde of general no fly times, is there beiing a massive radio/TV mast on the hill going to cause nay probs with functionality of Mavic Air?
No I wouldn’t have thought so

Reactions: Mr Banks

TonyTee

Reaction score
Hi Mr Banks, I don’t know if you ever got to fly up the Wrekin but I took my phantom 4 pro up there was fine flying around the wenlock end. But when I took it close to the tower I lost gps, the craft went into atti mode then went back to gps when I moved away. Hope this helps or if you did try yourself did you have any problem?

Mr Banks

Reaction score
Hi Mr Banks, I don’t know if you ever got to fly up the Wrekin but I took my phantom 4 pro up there was fine flying around the wenlock end. But when I took it close to the tower I lost gps, the craft went into atti mode then went back to gps when I moved away. Hope this helps or if you did try yourself did you have any problem?
Interesting- and no I never did in the end, as was just worried that the tower would affect signal somehow, or worse, I'd crash into it

gnirtS

Reaction score
Just don't fly too close to it.
Im far more nervous of microwave masts than TV. Getting in the beampath of those even a long way away can cause issues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Pilot Check In 4
S Pilot Check In 12
All E RC Mavic Drones

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DAS