DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Telford Wrekin - is it okay?

Get the NATS Drone Assist app. It’s an official thing but surprisingly helpful - and shows the timings of a military flypast in that area this weekend :)

Get the NATS Drone Assist app. It’s an official thing but surprisingly helpful - and shows the timings of a military flypast in that area this weekend :)
Thanks. Its generally listed as place fine to fly at on DroneAssiist (in terms of NFZ) But outisde of general no fly times, is there beiing a massive radio/TV mast on the hill going to cause nay probs with functionality of Mavic Air?

Thanks. Its generally listed as place fine to fly at on DroneAssiist (in terms of NFZ) But outisde of general no fly times, is there beiing a massive radio/TV mast on the hill going to cause nay probs with functionality of Mavic Air?
No I wouldn’t have thought so

Reactions: Mr Banks
Hi Mr Banks, I don’t know if you ever got to fly up the Wrekin but I took my phantom 4 pro up there was fine flying around the wenlock end. But when I took it close to the tower I lost gps, the craft went into atti mode then went back to gps when I moved away. Hope this helps or if you did try yourself did you have any problem?

Hi Mr Banks, I don’t know if you ever got to fly up the Wrekin but I took my phantom 4 pro up there was fine flying around the wenlock end. But when I took it close to the tower I lost gps, the craft went into atti mode then went back to gps when I moved away. Hope this helps or if you did try yourself did you have any problem?
Interesting- and no I never did in the end, as was just worried that the tower would affect signal somehow, or worse, I'd crash into it

Just don't fly too close to it.
Im far more nervous of microwave masts than TV. Getting in the beampath of those even a long way away can cause issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60