DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tell me it’s not just me 😂

You leave home all set to fly and when you arrive at the perfect location you realise you forgot:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
I’m a pretty organised guy (so I thought). Walked 3 kilometres (1.8 miles) from home today to a perfect flight location. Began setting up….. and left the props at home! 🤬😡😤 Tell me I’m not alone…. Please complete this fun survey 👍🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 4006448 and AlanL
Not my MO. My favorite OooPs is to get approval, get on site, do all pre checks, have a great flight with all kinds of wonderful moments, get home and realize I never pressed the record button.

The first thing I do before I start the day of flying is to read through my pre flight check list which includes all that are on your list. Been there done that, especially after flying for over 14 years. ;)

Not my MO. My favorite OooPs is to get approval, get on site, do all pre checks, have a great flight with all kinds of wonderful moments, get home and realize I never pressed the record button.
😂😂😂

I learned to double and triple check myself decades ago when wandering around with my camera gear. I did leave my memory card at home at least once and failed to take extra batteries once back in SLR film days.

Reactions: Squidinc
Hmmm... Except for the P3, which I haven't flown in years, I don't have a model that I take the props off between flights – so this couldn't happen.

I have done the forget-to-record dumbassery, more times than I'm willing to admit.

Or I'll cry.

I’m a pretty organised guy (so I thought). Walked 3 kilometres (1.8 miles) from home today to a perfect flight location. Began setting up….. and left the props at home! 🤬😡😤 Tell me I’m not alone…. Please complete this fun survey 👍🏻
I have a backpack that holds everything in a specific place, so nothing left behind. ohh and as far as props go, they never come off.

I have a backpack that holds everything in a specific place, so nothing left behind. ohh and as far as props go, they never come off.
Well, until you forget the backpack 😁

Senior moments are in your future... trust me 🤣🤣

All I can say is I haven’t done any of those things yet. Knock on wood!

I did that fairly recently. I had a beautiful flight in an urban area (under 250 grams drone) and as I landed and started to put it away I thought: 'did I stop record?'. I didn't because I hadn't started it! Facepalms! Fortunately the take-off point was only a few hundred meters away from where I live and since the weather the next day was still flyable I re-did the flight the next day remembering to start recording.

I've done this on occasion (rarely) before but on previous failures to start recording I've had extra batteries to re-do the flight, but that time outlined above I only had the one battery charged.

Reactions: SmilingOgre

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview